Clear all

Fyrelite workshops are coming January 15, 2022

2 Posts
1 Users
5 Likes
(@martin-l-shoemaker)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

In addition to an excellent conference this weekend, Fyrecon will present three Fyrelite workshops on January 15:

Fyrelite Master Classes – Fyrecon

Besides my Making Story Models workshop, Amy White will present a workshop on Cracking the Story Code, and Dave will present a workshop (TBD). 

http://nineandsixtyways.com/
Tools, Not Rules.
Martin L. Shoemaker
3rd Place Q1 V31
"Today I Am Paul", WSFA Small Press Award 2015, Nebula nomination 2015
Today I Am Carey from Baen
The Last Dance (#1 science fiction eBook on Amazon, October 2019) and The Last Campaign from 47North

Posted : November 15, 2021 9:56 pm
(@martin-l-shoemaker)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

Making Story Models: Tools for Visualizing Your Story

4 Hour Master Workshop for $99
(includes Whole Conference general admission to Fyrecon)
Class is limited to 24 students
January 15, 2022 at Fyrelite Winter 2022

Writers talk about plotters who meticulously plan vs. pantsers who discover the story as they write. But there’s another approach: shapers, who know that stories can have shapes or structures that guide their growth. Form is liberating! Plotters can use story shapes to build their outlines, and pantsers can use story shapes to prompt them where to go next.

In the Making Story Models (based on his upcoming book), Martin L. Shoemaker will show a wide range of story modeling techniques, and you’ll practice using them to build stories. You’ll also learn other techniques for visualizing the characters, forces, and conflicts in your story.

A picture can launch a thousand words. Come learn how.

http://nineandsixtyways.com/
Tools, Not Rules.
Martin L. Shoemaker
3rd Place Q1 V31
"Today I Am Paul", WSFA Small Press Award 2015, Nebula nomination 2015
Today I Am Carey from Baen
The Last Dance (#1 science fiction eBook on Amazon, October 2019) and The Last Campaign from 47North

Posted : November 15, 2021 9:58 pm
AliciaCay reacted
Share: