Wulf Moon's SUPER S...

Notifications
Clear all

Wulf Moon's SUPER SECRETS Workshop & Challenge!

5,235 Posts
133 Users
4298 Likes
873.2 K Views
Michelle Diaz
(@michelle-d)
Bronze Member

With tongues of silk and many futures dancing across our fingertips... what could go wrong?

Thanks, Moon!

V41: Pending
V40: HM, HM, RWC, HM
V39: R, R, R, HM
V38: R, R,

Posted : January 29, 2024 10:16 pm
Wulf Moon reacted
Fred Wehling
(@wehlingfl)

A silk tongue is easier to tie.

Posted : January 30, 2024 7:23 am
Wulf Moon reacted
Peter Spasov
(@pspasovnexicom-net)
Advanced Member

@wehlingfl Or to convert the tongue into a tie, as in a cravat. But would such an act be too gruesome for WotF?

Science Fiction must conjure the magic of awe.

Posted : January 31, 2024 4:47 am
Wulf Moon reacted
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

Posted by: @michelle-d

With tongues of silk and many futures dancing across our fingertips... what could go wrong?

Thanks, Moon!

You’re welcome, Michelle! Glad they help!

Click here to JOIN THE WULF PACK!
"Super-Duper Moongirl and the Amazing Moon Dawdler" won Best SFF Story of 2019! Read it in Writers of the Future, Vol. 35. Order HERE!
Need writing help? My award-winning SUPER SECRETS articles are FREE in DreamForge.
IT’S HERE! Many have been begged me to publish the Super Secrets of Writing. How to Write a Howling Good Story is now a #1 BESTSELLING BOOK! Get yours at your favorite retailer HERE!

Posted : January 31, 2024 11:38 am
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

Posted by: @wehlingfl

A silk tongue is easier to tie.

Smile

"Super-Duper Moongirl and the Amazing Moon Dawdler" won Best SFF Story of 2019! Read it in Writers of the Future, Vol. 35. Order HERE!
Need writing help? My award-winning SUPER SECRETS articles are FREE in DreamForge.
IT’S HERE! Many have been begged me to publish the Super Secrets of Writing. How to Write a Howling Good Story is now a #1 BESTSELLING BOOK! Get yours at your favorite retailer HERE!

Posted : January 31, 2024 11:39 am
Peter Spasov reacted
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

Posted by: @pspasovnexicom-net

@wehlingfl Or to convert the tongue into a tie, as in a cravat. But would such an act be too gruesome for WotF?

Exhausted  

Posted : January 31, 2024 11:40 am
Peter Spasov reacted
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

Your Monday writing prompt, on Sunday!

Toxic fog

Heh, I’ll give you a double: Toxic frog

Have at it. That fresh original story won’t write itself!

Beastmaster Moon

Posted : February 4, 2024 11:31 am
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

IMG 3577

Here’s an encouraging podcast by my publisher, Mark Leslie Lefebvre, I believe you’ll enjoy. I talk about Writers of the Future, and how I built this thread to help aspiring writers after I won. Here’s the topics covered:

In their conversation Mark and Moon talk about:

• How Wulf Moon might not have been the name that he was born with and how the name “Moon” which he has been called most of his life came from his Ojibwa grandmother
  • Moonbeam Road, a local road his father named after him when he was growing up
  • Not having a father who was supportive of his writing, and even having to run away from home when he was younger
  • Finding an important positive voice as a youngster in a teacher
  • The additional lengths this one teacher went to support and encourage Moon in his writing
  • Winning the Scholastic Art and Writing Award at the age of 15, among so many other awards that this teacher helped him find
  • Getting beat up so often in high school that the only thing he could do was look down as he walked in the hallways – but how he found his power in writing
  • The importance of finding a way to be who you are and to not allow others to repress you from that
  • Starting up Wulf Moon’s Super Secrets Writing Workshop right after winning Writers of the Future – and offering all this support to other writers for free
  • The repeated authors who have gone through Moon’s teachings and then ended up winning Writers of the Future
  • The Wulf Pack Writers group that Moon manages
  • Following the concept of “how can I help you with what I know”
  • How writers don’t understand proper Manuscript Format
  • The high ranking sales that HOW TO WRITE A HOWLING GOOD STORY has hit since its release in November 2023
  • Moon’s concept of Heart’s Desire as the most important principle in a story
  • Caring that happens in the heart of the reader, which can create the Reader/Hero bond
  • Getting to a point in his life that was so low that he took risks and was burning bridges behind him and not writing for 10 years
  • Realizing that he couldn’t be happy and couldn’t be fulfilled not being a writer
  • Moon’s experience meeting Dean Wesley Smith at the Nebula Awards in Eugene Oregon
  • The importance of having both the fundamentals of writing and the belief in yourself
  • The mantra “belief determines reality” that Moon instructs his students to write down
  • The dedication in Moon’s HOW TO WRITE A HOWLING GOOD STORY
  • Meeting other people “like me” at writer conferences, etc and the incredible value that can bring
  • Advice Moon would offer to newer writers
  • And more…

After the interview, Mark reflects on the importance of not denying who you are and not denying the things that bring you pleasure. He also reflects on the concept of finding your people, your Tribe, and the positive impact we can have on one another if we just take the time to listen, to reach out, to others.

To listen,CLICK HERE!

Posted : February 4, 2024 11:42 am
storysinger reacted
Michelle Diaz
(@michelle-d)
Bronze Member

Thanks for the prompt, Moon!

Posted : February 6, 2024 6:56 am
Wulf Moon reacted
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

I’m off to teach masterclasses at LTUE at Provo, Utah!

Heres your Monday prompt!

Valley of death.

Cheers!

Posted : February 12, 2024 1:13 pm
Fred Wehling
(@wehlingfl)

Inspired by the Utah Valley? 😆 Hope you have a wonderful time and wish I was there as well.

Posted : February 12, 2024 1:22 pm
Wulf Moon reacted
Michelle Diaz
(@michelle-d)
Bronze Member

Thanks, Moon!
Can't wait to see you at LTUE.

Posted : February 12, 2024 7:54 pm
Wulf Moon reacted
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

IMG 3459

IMG 3606

Greetings! I’m back from LTUE 42, and had a wonderful time teaching masterclasses, speaking on panels, and sharing my interactive Back to the Future presentation on internal character arc with attendees. Joni couldn’t make it this time <sniff> but I enjoyed some great moments with John Goodwin at dinner and on the WotF panel with him and other winners. So nice!

The founder of LTUE, Dave Doering, sat in on one of my presentations for the first time<gulp, can you say being reviewed> and afterwards said he loved what I’m sharing with his writers and said he hopes I’ll make LTUE my permanent home, and hopes I’ll come back for years and years to come. That certainly warmed my heart. It’s a great seminar filled with 1200 serious readers, writers, and gamers, and I love being with these beautiful people.

Many Wulf Pack Writers from my Super Secrets workshop were there as well, as seven of them made it into the LTUE benefit anthology with their stories! What a fantastic time we had together at that signing, and then at the mass LTUE signing later on. I confess I felt a glow of pride seeing several that had never been published before joining this Super Secrets workshop now displaying multiple books on their tables for sale, many of these anthologies from challenges I had assigned to the Wulf Pack!

Studying the principles of writing and making smart application of them does indeed bring rewards, and I wish them all continued success.

Now to help YOU with your success … with another KYD Monday writing prompt! (I know, I know, it’s Tuesday, but I’m still catching up from being gone two weeks to Superstars and LTUE.)

Here you go!

Fading from reality

Go forth and conquer!

Beastmaster Moon

Posted : February 20, 2024 10:55 am
Laura Holley
(@lauraholley)

@wulfmoon I instantly had several ideas for this one! Thanks!!

V40: Q2-HM, Q4-SHM

Posted : February 20, 2024 12:12 pm
Wulf Moon reacted
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

Posted by: @lauraholley

@wulfmoon I instantly had several ideas for this one! Thanks!!

I’m glad to hear they help, Laura. 😊

Posted : February 21, 2024 6:04 pm
Page 175 / 175
Share: