Wulf Moon's SUPER S...

Notifications
Clear all

Wulf Moon's SUPER SECRETS Workshop & Challenge!

5,256 Posts
133 Users
4328 Likes
879.7 K Views
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

Moon SS Character arc HORIZONTAL

𝐍𝐄𝐖! My latest SUPER SECRETS of Writing article dropped today at DreamForge Magazine! "𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐫𝐜: 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐖𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞." FREE to read! Here's the editor's comments:

"An insightful article delving into the heart of storytelling— the transformation of characters from within. This piece explores the concept of the internal character arc, highlighting its crucial role in crafting multi-dimensional characters who resonate with readers. By examining the journey characters undergo as they confront and evolve through their internal struggles, the article reveals how these transformations not only drive the narrative but also mirror our own human experiences."

Hot off the press! I write these articles to help writers like you to succeed! Enjoy!

https://rebrand.ly/character-arc

Click here to JOIN THE WULF PACK!
"Super-Duper Moongirl and the Amazing Moon Dawdler" won Best SFF Story of 2019! Read it in Writers of the Future, Vol. 35. Order HERE!
Need writing help? My award-winning SUPER SECRETS articles are FREE in DreamForge.
IT’S HERE! Many have been begged me to publish the Super Secrets of Writing. How to Write a Howling Good Story is now a #1 BESTSELLING BOOK! Get yours at your favorite retailer HERE!

Posted : December 13, 2023 3:16 pm
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

It’s late Monday, so late it's Tuesday giggle , and here’s your writing prompt!

Solar Flare

All the beast!

Beastmaster Moon

"Super-Duper Moongirl and the Amazing Moon Dawdler" won Best SFF Story of 2019! Read it in Writers of the Future, Vol. 35. Order HERE!
Need writing help? My award-winning SUPER SECRETS articles are FREE in DreamForge.
IT’S HERE! Many have been begged me to publish the Super Secrets of Writing. How to Write a Howling Good Story is now a #1 BESTSELLING BOOK! Get yours at your favorite retailer HERE!

Posted : December 19, 2023 3:26 pm
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

For the Curious ...

Amazon 12 18 23
Smashwords 12 18 23

Almost six weeks now since the release of HOW TO WRITE A HOWLING GOOD STORY, which most of you know began right here five years ago. It was a topic and workshop I conducted to help emerging writers improve their craft so that they could write winning stories. The book created from this project remains a bestseller on Amazon in Fiction Writing books as you see above on the left, and is the #1 bestseller in Creative Writing books on Smashwords as you see on the right. In fact, Draft2Digital released their sales results for last week on all online platforms they publish across (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, & more) and of the entire Nonfiction titles that they represent (not just writing books), HOW TO WRITE A HOWLING GOOD STORY ranked #4 in units sold, #5 in revenue earned. 

I'm happy the book is doing so well, because that means more writers will read it, more will benefit from the sound principles, and more will level-up in their writing which can only benefit their careers. To help with that, I've listed the e-book on Smashwords' end-of-year promotion at half off. I hope this puts the book within reach for many of you! Here's the link! 

HALF OFF!

Here's Another Thing You Might Enjoy!

I've been invited by Draft2Digital--the premiere publisher of indie writers--to speak about how my bestselling book came about! I'll be talking about the Writers of the Future Forum and the things I learned helping many of you here on a special Facebook live presentation this Thursday, December 21st, 2023, at 10 a.m. Pacific/1 p.m. Eastern. Wide for the Win guru Mark Lefebvre will be the host. Come join us! I'll be sharing some Super Secrets from the new book! May they help you craft your winner!

I hope to see you there! Cheers!

Facebook Live Link 

YouTube Link

UPDATE! Click the YouTube link above and you can enjoy the recording! Some special insights on new Super Secrets in my book!

Posted : December 19, 2023 4:14 pm
Peter Spasov
(@pspasovnexicom-net)
Advanced Member

Posted by: @wulfmoon

Runs his fingertips over the temple's ancient bas-relief. "Aziz, light!"

An example of 10% rule. Yes?

Science Fiction must conjure the magic of awe.

Posted : December 22, 2023 4:12 am
Wulf Moon reacted
Peter Spasov
(@pspasovnexicom-net)
Advanced Member

Posted by: @wulfmoon

Weiland's take on Pinch points and all that are in the link I put Helpful Writing links.

...the KISS method: KEEP IT SIMPLE, SALESPERSON. Yeah, a play on KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID. More positive. : ) ...

And there you have it, Moon's SUPER SECRET #21: KISS.

Posted : December 23, 2023 6:14 am
Peter Spasov
(@pspasovnexicom-net)
Advanced Member

Ref:  ... the KISS method: KEEP IT SIMPLE, SALESPERSON. Yeah, a play on KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID. More positive.  ...

How about: KEEP IT SIMPLE, STORYTELLER.

Posted : December 23, 2023 6:17 am
storysinger reacted
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

Posted by: @pspasovnexicom-net

Ref:  ... the KISS method: KEEP IT SIMPLE, SALESPERSON. Yeah, a play on KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID. More positive.  ...

How about: KEEP IT SIMPLE, STORYTELLER.

Perfect, Peter!   salute  

Posted : December 24, 2023 8:09 pm
storysinger reacted
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

It’s Monday, and for those that follow the Super Secrets, that means it’s time for a KYD writing prompt! Drumroll please!

Open season

I now return you to those sugar plums that danced in your head last night.

Beastmaster Moon

Posted : December 25, 2023 1:30 pm
Fred Wehling, David Hankins, empressed and 1 people reacted
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

It's Monday, the first one of 2024! I trust you made your Q1 deadline by the 31st and are ready to start on Q2! Well, here's a writing prompt to add fuel to your creative fire! Stand back! It's high octane and will singe your eyebrows!

Cosmic disruption

What's the disruption? I dunno, that's YOUR job! Go save the galaxy! Laughing Out Loud

Beastmaster Moon 

Posted : January 1, 2024 9:54 pm
Fred Wehling, David Hankins, CarolynKay and 2 people reacted
Michelle Diaz
(@michelle-d)
Bronze Member

Thanks Moon, this one should be a blast!

V41: HM, Entered, WIP, WIP
V40: HM, HM, RWC, HM
V39: R, R, R, HM
V38: R, R,

Posted : January 1, 2024 10:48 pm
catherine and Wulf Moon reacted
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

Posted by: @michelle-d

Thanks Moon, this one should be a blast!

A blast could definitely cause a Cosmic Disruption! Exhausted  

Posted : January 1, 2024 11:20 pm
Fred Wehling
(@wehlingfl)

I sense a great disturbance in The Force...

Posted : January 2, 2024 10:04 am
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

Posted by: @wehlingfl

I sense a great disturbance in The Force...

Great example, Fred! Good one!

Posted : January 3, 2024 3:23 pm
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

Sales results just in. 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐎 𝐖𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐀 𝐇𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 was Top 10 bestseller of all Nonfiction books sold by Draft2Digital last week, #3 bestseller the week before. This is on all platforms they sell on worldwide, not just Smashwords. #1 Bestseller in five writing books categories! And it's #31 in Kindle's huge Fiction Writing books bestsellers category, and it’s been on this bestseller list virtually every day since the release, almost two months now! I’m in great company—Stephen King’s and Ray Bradbury’s and Sol Stein’s famous writing books are on this Top 100 list. I built the book here to help all of you in the Forum, and it’s a great start to this new year! 💜💜💜💜💜

IMG 3442

IMG 3440

Posted : January 3, 2024 3:44 pm
Fred Wehling reacted
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

It's time for your Monday KYD writing prompt! 

Crucible of combat

May that prompt spark something deep inside you that goes BOOM! nuclear  

Best of success!

Beastmaster Moon

Posted : January 8, 2024 4:14 pm
Michelle Diaz
(@michelle-d)
Bronze Member

Thanks, Moon! salute  
*Prepares the dynamite*

Posted : January 8, 2024 10:23 pm
Wulf Moon reacted
Peter Spasov
(@pspasovnexicom-net)
Advanced Member

@wulfmoon

Yep, I’m kenning the theory and onwards to practice, albeit the target far, far away. Phew, twenty-five words written and so many more to go.

Posted : January 9, 2024 4:26 am
annmarieinlr
(@annmarieinlr)

@wulfmoon The pellet with the poison’s in the flagon with the dragon; the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.

This post was modified 3 months ago by annmarieinlr

Posted : January 9, 2024 6:32 pm
Fred Wehling, Wulf Moon, Peter Spasov and 2 people reacted
Peter Spasov
(@pspasovnexicom-net)
Advanced Member

@annmarieinlr Quite the tongue roll.

Posted : January 12, 2024 5:42 am
Wulf Moon reacted
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

Posted by: @annmarieinlr

@wulfmoon The pellet with the poison’s in the flagon with the dragon; the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.

”Truly you have a dizzying intellect.”—The Man in Black 😄

Posted : January 15, 2024 7:59 pm
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

Planet terror-forming

A little fun with the term! Have at it!

Beastmaster Moon

Posted : January 15, 2024 8:02 pm
Michelle Diaz
(@michelle-d)
Bronze Member

@wulfmoon Thanks!

Posted : January 16, 2024 9:01 pm
Wulf Moon reacted
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

Fleeting hit of happiness

Remember to dig deep for the gold! Have at it!

Beastmaster Moon

Posted : January 22, 2024 9:33 pm
Michelle Diaz
(@michelle-d)
Bronze Member

This one could churn up some ideas. Thanks Moon!

Posted : January 24, 2024 8:35 am
Wulf Moon reacted
Peter Spasov
(@pspasovnexicom-net)
Advanced Member

Would someone point me to the rules for the "Monday KYD writing prompt"? From browsing some forum search results, a story appears to have a 250 word limit, but I haven't found out whether one posts one's story in this forum or messages it directly to Wulf Moon.

Posted : January 25, 2024 6:24 am
Wulf Moon reacted
Physa/ Guthington/ Amy
(@physa)
Gold Star Member

Posted by: @pspasovnexicom-net

Would someone point me to the rules for the "Monday KYD writing prompt"? From browsing some forum search results, a story appears to have a 250 word limit, but I haven't found out whether one posts one's story in this forum or messages it directly to Wulf Moon.

Hi Peter, Moon has taken a lot of this information away from this site. He has a recorded webinar available on Teachable on how to do kill your darling exercise which has been a game-changer for many. You can click on this to enroll https://wulf-moons-super-secrets.teachable.com/p/kill-your-darlings. Costs $100. Well worth the money [hopefully it's okay to share that here. I can't figure out a better way to answer your question].

The exercise is essentially to free-write 1000 words or so on the prompt keeping story elements in mind [character in a setting with a problem, etc.]. Isolate the heart of what you have and rewrite it to 500 words. And then condense it further to 250 words while keeping the heart of your story [without just cutting words from the 1000 or 500-word attempts... it's best to rewrite it]. These KYDs aren't posted here [they were during the first year of his supersecrets thread]. You don't have to post KYDs to get the full value from them. Moon [@wulfmoon] can explain how you can join his discord [kyds are posted and evaluated there]. Once you have a strong KYD you now have a basis for expanding it into a story that should be competitive.

I hope this at least points you in the right direction, Smile /p>

WOTF results:
Vol 41: Q1 HM, Q2 P
running totals to date:
WOTF: 6 Rs, 3 RWCs. 6 HMs
IOTF: 3 Rs, 3 HMs
Check out my new website: https://www.amyrwethingtonwriterofspeculativeworlds.com/
According to Winston Churchill, "success is going from failure to failure with enthusiasm"
Somehow I lost my Guthington profile, but it's me. Amy Wethington = Guthington = Physa

Posted : January 25, 2024 10:16 am
crlisle, Peter Spasov, storysinger and 1 people reacted
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

@pspasovnexicom-net 

Hi Peter,

The KYD prompts posted here on Mondays are for anyone to use as they see fit—you don’t have to do KYDs with them. I no longer teach the Super Secrets Workshop here, however, and I discovered my Kill Your Darlings exercise does require personal training to do it right to enjoy the benefits. But I still require workshop members to come to the Forum to get the prompts, hoping they’ll stick around a bit and help others here. We all can learn from one another. 

All the best,

Moon

Posted : January 25, 2024 4:07 pm
crlisle and Peter Spasov reacted
Peter Spasov
(@pspasovnexicom-net)
Advanced Member

@physa 

Thank you Amy. Your response explains a lot. I will message Wulf as to the best way to begin the KYD training.

Posted : January 26, 2024 2:27 pm
Peter Spasov
(@pspasovnexicom-net)
Advanced Member

And thank you to Wulf for the treasure trove he has posted and his reply. I will message soon.

Posted : January 26, 2024 2:29 pm
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

Silk-tongued soothsayer

Light your forge!

Beastmaster Moon

Posted : January 29, 2024 9:47 pm
Page 174 / 176
Share: