Writers of the Futu...

Notifications
Clear all

Writers of the Future Week 2022 Daily Blog is Now LIVE!

32 Posts
13 Users
92 Likes
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

Want to know what it's like to be at the WotF/IotF workshop and gala? Read the daily blogs and live vicariously through the photos! Picture yourself here, do the work, and YOU could be next! BELIEF DETERMINES REALITY! Cheers!

Click HERE to be transported!

Click here to JOIN THE WULF PACK!
"Super-Duper Moongirl and the Amazing Moon Dawdler" won Best SFF Story of 2019! Read it in Writers of the Future, Vol. 35. Order HERE!
Need writing help? My award-winning SUPER SECRETS articles are FREE in DreamForge.
IT’S HERE! Many have been begged me to publish the Super Secrets of Writing. How to Write a Howling Good Story is now a #1 BESTSELLING BOOK! Get yours at your favorite retailer HERE!

Posted : April 3, 2022 3:12 pm
FolkLoremIpsum, storysinger, Dragonchef and 3 people reacted
RETreasure
(@rschibler)
Platinum Member

Exhausting (and amazing!) is how I’d sum it up so far! Looking forward to the 24 hour story and the art reveal! 

V34: R,HM,R
V35: HM,R,R,HM
V36: R,HM,HM,SHM
V37: HM,SF,SHM,SHM
V38: (P)F, SHM, F, F
V39: SHM, SHM, HM, SHM
Published Finalist Volume 38
Pro’d out Q4V39
www.rebeccaetreasure.com

Managing Editor, Apex Magazine

Posted : April 3, 2022 10:18 pm
James (Ease)
(@ease)
Gold Star Member

Sounds great, @rschibler! All of us here in the forums are sending everyone in the workshop positive vibes so you have the energy to make the most of it!

VOL 40 2nd Quarter: Third Place ("Ashes to Ashes, Blood to Carbonfiber")
Past submissions: R - HM - HM - HM - HM - HM - SHM - SHM
www.jd-writes.com

Posted : April 4, 2022 5:40 am
SwiftPotato
(@swiftpotato)
Silver Star Member

Day two of the blog is alive!!!

R, 3rd place Q4 v36!!!
Stories in Apocalyptic, Cossmass Infinites x2! PodCastle, Spirit Machine; forthcoming in Beneath Ceaseless Skies, Apex Magazine, Human Monsters

Posted : April 4, 2022 11:22 am
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Platinum Plus

That is so cool seeing what everyone is doing in LA. Can't wait to see them accepting their awards.

Showing pictures of that shirt sure makes me want one. smiley  

Today's science fiction is tomorrow's reality-D.R.Sweeney
HM x5
Published Poetry
2012 Stars in Our Hearts
Silver Ships

Posted : April 4, 2022 12:43 pm
Wulf Moon reacted
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

Posted by: @storysinger

That is so cool seeing what everyone is doing in LA. Can't wait to see them accepting their awards.

Showing pictures of that shirt sure makes me want one. smiley  

They got the coolest shirt EVAH this year, it has the cover art on it!

"Super-Duper Moongirl and the Amazing Moon Dawdler" won Best SFF Story of 2019! Read it in Writers of the Future, Vol. 35. Order HERE!
Need writing help? My award-winning SUPER SECRETS articles are FREE in DreamForge.
IT’S HERE! Many have been begged me to publish the Super Secrets of Writing. How to Write a Howling Good Story is now a #1 BESTSELLING BOOK! Get yours at your favorite retailer HERE!

Posted : April 4, 2022 7:13 pm
storysinger reacted
Cray Dimensional
(@craydimensional)
Gold Star Member

Love seeing the pictures. Can’t wait to see day 3 blog. Ok, time to get to writing again. I’m taking on writing two stories in a QTR. gotta get to work. typing  

Small steps add up to miles.
V38: R, R, HM, HM
V39: RWC, HM, HM, SHM
V40 : HM, RWC, R, HM
V41 : RWC, P
"Amore For Life" in After the Gold Rush Third Flatiron Anthology
"Freedom’s Song” in Troubadour and Space Princesses LTUE Anthology
"Experimenting with the Dance of Death" Coming in Jun '24 in Love is Complicated LUV Romance Anthology.

Posted : April 4, 2022 8:18 pm
(@martin-l-shoemaker)
Platinum Plus Moderator

Posted by: @rschibler

Exhausting (and amazing!) is how I’d sum it up so far! Looking forward to the 24 hour story and the art reveal! 

24 hours... Yeah... Right...

http://nineandsixtyways.com/
Tools, Not Rules.
Martin L. Shoemaker
3rd Place Q1 V31
"Today I Am Paul", WSFA Small Press Award 2015, Nebula nomination 2015
Today I Am Carey from Baen
The Last Dance (#1 science fiction eBook on Amazon, October 2019) and The Last Campaign from 47North

Posted : April 4, 2022 8:25 pm
FolkLoremIpsum
(@folkloremipsum)
Bronze Star Member

The pictures and blog are amazing! Seeing everybody get their 24 hour story prompts was cool. Here's wishing very happy writing to y'all! 

Q3 V38 - F, Q 4 V38 - SHM
Q1 V39 - HM, Q2 V39 - HM, Q3 V39 SHM, Q4 V39 SHM

Posted : April 4, 2022 8:32 pm
Jason Toth
(@jason)
Gold Star Member Admin

Okay, I just posted Day 3!!! Going to bed now.... Get ready for Day 4!!!!!

Posted : April 5, 2022 12:57 am
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Platinum Plus

Double 3 Telepresence Robot with Charging Dock

I just watched the presentation for this device from Double Robotics. I can see a use for this during the week of the winners' experience.

I could be cruising around as a talking head meeting everyone and putting names to faces and paying for occupying said machine for a few minutes. On that issue it would be nice to know who each person in the pictures is. 

HM x5
Published Poetry
2012 Stars in Our Hearts
Silver Ships

Posted : April 5, 2022 6:26 am
SwiftPotato
(@swiftpotato)
Silver Star Member

For those who want a link: the day 3 blog!

R, 3rd place Q4 v36!!!
Stories in Apocalyptic, Cossmass Infinites x2! PodCastle, Spirit Machine; forthcoming in Beneath Ceaseless Skies, Apex Magazine, Human Monsters

Posted : April 5, 2022 2:21 pm
Jason Toth
(@jason)
Gold Star Member Admin

Well I know I am running behind, but finally Day 4!!! It is finally live.... The some 229 photos took a bit to finish, but I think you will really enjoy them.

Blog here: https://www.writersofthefuture.com/writers-illustrators-of-the-future-workshop-week-2022-day-4/

Feel free to make any comments you like on the blog.

Best, Jason

Posted : April 6, 2022 4:08 pm
N.V. Haskell, Wulf Moon, RETreasure and 2 people reacted
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Platinum Plus

All the work you are doing is appreciated Jason. Looking at the joy on the faces during the art reveal is priceless.

Well done.

HM x5
Published Poetry
2012 Stars in Our Hearts
Silver Ships

Posted : April 6, 2022 5:35 pm
Wulf Moon reacted
Cray Dimensional
(@craydimensional)
Gold Star Member

Love seeing the blogs. Maybe one day I will be there in person.

"Experimenting with the Dance of Death" Coming in Jun '24 in Love is Complicated LUV Romance Anthology.

Posted : April 6, 2022 5:39 pm
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

Posted by: @craydimensional

Love seeing the blogs. Maybe one day I will be there in person.

Keeping up with the blogs can help you BELIEVE. They are all just writers like you, that applied themselves to achieve a monumental goal. Keep learning, keep writing, keep sending. 😊

Posted : April 7, 2022 10:31 am
storysinger reacted
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

Posted by: @jason

Well I know I am running behind, but finally Day 4!!! It is finally live.... The some 229 photos took a bit to finish, but I think you will really enjoy them.

Blog here: https://www.writersofthefuture.com/writers-illustrators-of-the-future-workshop-week-2022-day-4/

Feel free to make any comments you like on the blog.

Best, Jason

Thank you for all you do behind the scenes, Jason! RESPECT.

Posted : April 7, 2022 10:33 am
storysinger reacted
Jason Toth
(@jason)
Gold Star Member Admin

Okay, so I am catching up today, got blog day 5 & 6 up and posted!! Tomorrow is the big day.

You can see them here:

https://www.writersofthefuture.com/writers-illustrators-of-the-future-workshop-week-2022-day-5/

https://www.writersofthefuture.com/writers-illustrators-of-the-future-workshop-week-2022-day-6/

Best, Jason

Posted : April 7, 2022 11:54 pm
N.V. Haskell, empressed, Wulf Moon and 2 people reacted
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Platinum Plus

The Big Day

Seeing the winners sitting round the room

The smiles on their faces in full on bloom

Sharing time with judges and crew

The time has come to collect their due

One by one they'll take the stage

To receive rewards for ink on a page

Some will laugh, and some will cry

Thanking the ones that helped them fly

Family and friends, Father and Mother

All working together to help each other

The journey was long each step of the way

That led to their sharing The Big Day

Thanks for the daily blogs, it's been great watching the LA experience as it happened.

HM x5
Published Poetry
2012 Stars in Our Hearts
Silver Ships

Posted : April 8, 2022 6:26 am
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

@storysinger Nice poem, Storysinger! 😊

Posted : April 8, 2022 10:45 am
storysinger reacted
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

Tonight’s the big night! Come cheer the winners and our record number of winning forumites on! Award ceremony starts at 7 PM PT.

Click HERE.

Posted : April 8, 2022 10:49 am
DoctorJest
(@doctorjest)
Platinum Member

This has been fun, watching folks I know get up there. 🙂 It's the first year I've remembered to tune into the show!

DQ:0 / R:0 / RWC:0 / HM:15 / SHM:7 / SF:1 / F:1
Published prior WotF entries: PodCastle, HFQ, Abyss & Apex

Posted : April 8, 2022 8:43 pm
N.V. Haskell, storysinger, Wulf Moon and 1 people reacted
empressed
(@empressed)
Silver Member

@jason Thanks so much for doing all the links, Jason! clapper  

Victoria Dixon
Author of Mourn Their Courage
a 2010 Sandy Writing Contest Finalist
A Tribble Ate My Lunch: a Star Trek Cookbook (unpublished)
R=24
HM= 8
SHM=4
Finalist=1

Posted : April 9, 2022 7:33 am
Cray Dimensional
(@craydimensional)
Gold Star Member

It was fun following the week. Thank you @jason

Posted : April 9, 2022 8:28 am
Jason Toth
(@jason)
Gold Star Member Admin

No problem. Was my pleasure to help share the exciting week with everyone!

Will still get to day 7  of the blog, but are right now wrapping up day 8 with the last of the workshops today.

In the mean time you can watch the event on the home page of the site.

Best, Jason

Posted : April 9, 2022 10:37 am
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

Day 7 blog is now up. And don't forget you can watch the recorded Volume 38 award ceremony at writersofthefuture.com !

Posted : April 10, 2022 10:44 pm
(@morgan-broadhead)
Gold Member

Posted by: @wulfmoon

Day 7 blog is now up. And don't forget you can watch the recorded Volume 38 award ceremony at writersofthefuture.com !

Is the 2022 ceremony available yet? I don't see it up on the site. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place!

"You can either sit here and write, or you can sit here and do nothing. But you can’t sit here and do anything else."
— Neil Gaiman, Masterclass

Drop me a line at https://morganbroadhead.com
SFx1
HMx4
R/RWCx5

Posted : April 11, 2022 6:05 am
Wulf Moon reacted
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Moderator
Topic starter

Posted by: @morgan-broadhead

Is the 2022 ceremony available yet? I don't see it up on the site. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place!

It’s on the homepage when you land at the site. It should also be on YouTube. They’re all stored there.

Posted : April 11, 2022 7:22 am
storysinger and Morgan reacted
Jason Toth
(@jason)
Gold Star Member Admin

Final Day 8 blog just went up:

https://www.writersofthefuture.com/writers-illustrators-of-the-future-workshop-week-2022-day-8/

Better late than never as the saying goes.

Best, Jason

Posted : April 12, 2022 6:32 pm
storysinger, Wulf Moon, Cray Dimensional and 1 people reacted
Jason Toth
(@jason)
Gold Star Member Admin

Posted by: @morgan-broadhead

It’s on the homepage when you land at the site. It should also be on YouTube. They’re all stored there.

If you go to https://www.writersofthefuture.com/ it is right on top.

Maybe a bit of confusion as last year's video was on the home page too, but I just updated that so only this year's event is on the home page.

Just to be safe the link for YouTube directly is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rrPaJGo-kM&feature=emb_imp_woyt

Posted : April 12, 2022 6:36 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: