Notifications
Clear all

Story Critique Exchange (10000w)

Scott_M_Sands
(@scott_m_sands)
Bronze Star Member

Hi all,

is anyone available for a critique? I have a story, about 10000w that I'd love some fresh eyes on. 

More than happy to do a swap, if you like.    smiley     

"Many people will tell you that you can't write. Let no one say that you don't." -Ken Rand
V36-37: R x6
V38: R, HM, P

Topic starter Posted : July 18, 2021 6:24 pm
czing
(@czing)
Bronze Star Member

Did you get anyone on this one? If you aren't in a super big hurry for it I can look at it. My crit style is a lot about giving my reactions and letting you know if you're making me promises etc. I'm definitely not your person if you are looking for some to spot your punctuation errors Smile

Message me if you are still looking for eyes on this.

v36 Q1, Q3 - HM; Q4 - R
v37 Q1 - R; Q2 - SHM; Q4 - HM
v38 Q1 - HM; Q2 -SHM; Q3 - P

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 26, 2021 5:49 pm
Wulf Moon liked
Scott_M_Sands
(@scott_m_sands)
Bronze Star Member

@czing 

I actually completely re-did this one over the last little bit (the 10000w had a few flaws...), now from a much more simplistic perspective.

The story v2 is around 5500w. It's almost done. I'll pm you when I finish it, if you're still happy to have a look. Thank you for your response, either way!

"Many people will tell you that you can't write. Let no one say that you don't." -Ken Rand

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 27, 2021 6:18 am
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Member Moderator

@scott_m_sands Way to kill your darlings! That’s what I started doing that led me to my win and additional sales. See you in my master class tomorrow! We’ll delve deep!

JOIN THE WULF PACK! http://the super secrets.com
"Super-Duper Moongirl and the Amazing Moon Dawdler" wins WRITERS OF THE FUTURE VOL. 35 & BEST SF&F STORY OF 2019. Order WotF Volume 35 HERE!
“Muzik Man" in Deep Magic Fall 2020 wins BEST SF&F STORY of 2020
NEW! Don't miss the Super Secret "Character Agency: I Need a Hero!" in DreamForge Anvil Magazine!
JUST RELEASED! BEST OF DEEP MAGIC ANTHOLOGY TWO! Three Super Secrets Workshop members made it into this best of the best anthology! KD Julicher, Brittany Rainsdon, and some guy named Wulf Moon. Click HERE to get yours!
NEXT MASTER CLASSES AT FYRECON ONLINE, NOV. 18-21ST. Click HERE before they are sold out once again!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 27, 2021 10:34 am
czing
(@czing)
Bronze Star Member

Sounds good - will watch for your message.

v36 Q1, Q3 - HM; Q4 - R
v37 Q1 - R; Q2 - SHM; Q4 - HM
v38 Q1 - HM; Q2 -SHM; Q3 - P

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 27, 2021 11:28 am
Scott_M_Sands
(@scott_m_sands)
Bronze Star Member

I'll PM you now, czing!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 4, 2021 6:05 am
czing liked
Joel C. Scoberg
(@joel-c-scoberg)
Advanced Member

Hi Scott

Are you still looking for a critique?

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2021 12:25 am
Scott_M_Sands
(@scott_m_sands)
Bronze Star Member

@joel-c-scoberg 
Probably not for this one. 
Thanks, though! I appreciate the interest.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 10, 2021 5:06 am
Share: