Clear all

Critique Swap - Fantasy 4700 words

11 Posts
7 Users
11 Likes
(@annax)
Silver Member
Topic starter

I finally sat down and finished my draft for one of my entries to ZNB. It's fantasy, about 4700 words, and I would really appreciate a critique. I'd be happy to swap if anyone has anything they'd like me to give an opinion on. Thank you very much!

~ I honestly believe that good stories write themselves. You can always start writing a story, but the characters tell their own tales and if you're lucky enough, you get to merely be in the audience watching everything unfold. ~ 8/1/2022
WotF - 2022, V39 Q4: R
WotF - 2022/2023, V40 Q1: HM; Q2: HM; Q3: HM; Q4:HM

Posted : November 13, 2022 11:32 pm
Joel C. Scoberg
(@joel-c-scoberg)
Silver Star Member

Hi Anna

I'm happy to take a look. I just messaged you about my own story, so feel free to reply to that or send me a message with your story by DM.

Happy writing

Joel

R: 2 / HM: 6 / SHM: 2
Published stories:
"Drunk Scentless" - Daily Science Fiction (June 2021)
"Interview with the Vampire Hunter" - Every Day Fiction (October 2021)
"Dutch Courage" - 365tomorrows (August 2022)

Posted : November 18, 2022 9:13 am
Anna X reacted
(@annax)
Silver Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @joel-c-scoberg

Hi Anna

I'm happy to take a look. I just messaged you about my own story, so feel free to reply to that or send me a message with your story by DM.

Happy writing

Joel

Thank you! I'll send it later tonight and I'll take a look at your story later tonight too. Thanks again!

~ I honestly believe that good stories write themselves. You can always start writing a story, but the characters tell their own tales and if you're lucky enough, you get to merely be in the audience watching everything unfold. ~ 8/1/2022

Posted : November 18, 2022 1:19 pm
V. R. Lassmann
(@vrlass)
Bronze Star Member

Hey,
As i go back from my Holliday i and dig myself out of all the reads that arose i can pick up yours. Feel free to DM me.

Posted : November 22, 2022 4:47 am
Anna X reacted
(@annax)
Silver Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @vrlass

Hey,
As i go back from my Holliday i and dig myself out of all the reads that arose i can pick up yours. Feel free to DM me.

Thank you! Give me a day or two. I’m going to finish a draft on horror and I could really use your help on that. I appreciate it! 😊

Posted : November 22, 2022 10:31 pm
Spencer_S
(@spencer_s)
Silver Member

Hello Anna, I would be happy to read your story. You don't need to read anything of mine in return, just DM me at your convenience. Take care.

“Stories are the collective wisdom of everyone who has ever lived. Your job as a storyteller is not simply to entertain. Nor is it to be noticed for the way your turn a phrase. You have a very important job—one of the most important. Your job is to let people know that everyone shares their feelings—and that these feelings bind us. Your job is a healing art, and like all healers, you have a responsibility. Let people know they are not alone. You must make people understand that we are all the same.”
Brian McDonald
2022: Second Place Winner V39 Q1
2021: HM, HM, SHM
2020: R
2019: SHM, R
2018: HM
2017: HM
Check out my fiction and more at spencersekulin.net

Posted : November 24, 2022 8:50 am
Anna X reacted
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Platinum Plus

Hi Anna. Send it my way and I'll do my best to help. You have my email address so send it there.

Today's science fiction is tomorrow's reality-D.R.Sweeney
HM x5
Published Poetry
2012 Stars in Our Hearts
Silver Ships

Posted : November 24, 2022 11:49 am
Anna X reacted
(@annax)
Silver Member
Topic starter

@spencer_s Thank you! I greatly appreciate it. I’ll send you a dm. 

@storysinger Thank you! I’ll send you an email. 

Posted : November 24, 2022 6:24 pm
storysinger reacted
Spencer_S
(@spencer_s)
Silver Member

@annax awesome, looking forward to it Smile

“Stories are the collective wisdom of everyone who has ever lived. Your job as a storyteller is not simply to entertain. Nor is it to be noticed for the way your turn a phrase. You have a very important job—one of the most important. Your job is to let people know that everyone shares their feelings—and that these feelings bind us. Your job is a healing art, and like all healers, you have a responsibility. Let people know they are not alone. You must make people understand that we are all the same.”
Brian McDonald
2022: Second Place Winner V39 Q1
2021: HM, HM, SHM
2020: R
2019: SHM, R
2018: HM
2017: HM
Check out my fiction and more at spencersekulin.net

Posted : November 25, 2022 6:19 am
Anna X reacted
(@aivanther)
Bronze Star Member

Sent you a DM. 

Vol 37 Q4-SHM
Vol 38 Q1-HM Q2-DNP Q3-DNP Q4-HM
Vol 39 Q1-HM Q2-HM Q3- DNP Q4- HM
Vol 40 Q1- DNP Q2- HM Q3- Subbed

Posted : December 1, 2022 6:05 am
Anna X reacted
(@gobsiye)

I have a story about a star athlete who falls in love with a robot searching for her humanity. Any thoughts? I'd be happy to send it for a critique. No need to give me your story.

Posted : September 19, 2023 2:11 pm
Share: