Notifications
Clear all

Success!

Page 147 / 147

TimE
 TimE
(@time)
Silver Member

@alexvss Congrats - that's persistence for you. Well done.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2021 4:56 am
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Gold Member

Congratulations @alexvss. Proof positive persistence pays premium perks.

Today's science fiction is tomorrow's reality-D.R.Sweeney
HM-V32/Q3
HM-V36/Q4
HM-V38/Q1

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2021 6:08 am
dommichaels
(@dommichaels)
Advanced Member

@alexvss

Congratulations, Alex! Story is king, so when you believe in the story it pays to keep working it until it shines and gets out to the public! Well done!

V37 Q3 - HM, V37 Q4 - HM, V38 Q1 - HM, V38 Q2 - HM

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2021 10:40 am
ellisael
(@ellisael)

this is such a heartening thread- its true we dont hear enough about successful stories of publishing one's accepted work

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 12, 2021 12:56 am
Disgruntled Peony
(@disgruntledpeony)
Gold Star Member

I have not one, but two, exciting pieces of news!

Firstly, I have a story coming out in the Upon a Thrice Time anthology. The Kickstarter funded day one, and doubles as a great way to pre-order the book if you're interested in obtaining it. Lots of great authors in every one of these anthologies. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/52625019/upon-a-thrice-time

The other news, and man, did it floor me, is that I won the grand prize for the Baen Fantasy Adventure Award! My mind is officially blown. The story should be going up on their website later this month, and I'll post the link at that point.

If you are in difficulties with a book, try the element of surprise: attack it at an hour when it isn't expecting it. ~ H.G. Wells
R, SF, SHM, SHM, SHM, F, R, HM, SHM, R, HM, R, F, SHM, SHM, SHM, SF, SHM, 1st Place (Q2 V38)
Ticknor Tales

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2021 3:44 pm
czing, Cray Dimensional, David Hankins and 6 people liked
RETreasure
(@rschibler)
Silver Star Member

@disgruntledpeony nuclear typing clapper clapper clapper clapper   YOU ARE ON FIRE! I'm so happy for you!

V34: R,HM,R
V35: HM,R,R,HM
V36: R,HM,HM,SHM
V37: HM,SF,SHM,SHM
V38: F, SHM, P, P
Available for critiques - PM for availability.
www.rebeccaetreasure.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2021 4:07 pm
Álex Souza, fox, crlisle and 2 people liked
NVHaskell
(@nvhaskell)
Bronze Member
Posted by: @disgruntledpeony

Firstly, I have a story coming out in the Upon a Thrice Time anthology. The Kickstarter funded day one, and doubles as a great way to pre-order the book if you're interested in obtaining it. Lots of great authors in every one of these anthologies. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/52625019/upon-a-thrice-time

The other news, and man, did it floor me, is that I won the grand prize for the Baen Fantasy Adventure Award! My mind is officially blown. The story should be going up on their website later this month, and I'll post the link at that point.

That is spectacular!!! Congratulations! And I second what @RETreasure said, you are on fire! clapper clapper  

‘If you write one story, it may be bad; if you write a hundred, you have the odds in your favor.’ ~ Edgar Rice Burroughs
'The War Within' Deep Magic Volume 73 https://deepmagic.co
'A Straw in the Wind' in A Hero's Journey Anthology coming in 2022
V37- R, HM, SHM, HM
V38- HM, SHM, P

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2021 4:28 pm
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Member Moderator

@disgruntledpeony Congratulations on both counts, Liz, but especially on the Baen Fantasy Award. I believe Kate Julicher won that award as well, so you’re in good company. 😊 WELL DONE!

JOIN THE WULF PACK! http://the super secrets.com
"Super-Duper Moongirl and the Amazing Moon Dawdler" wins WRITERS OF THE FUTURE VOL. 35 & BEST SF&F STORY OF 2019. Order WotF Volume 35 HERE!
“Muzik Man" in Deep Magic Fall 2020 wins BEST SF&F STORY of 2020
NEW! Don't miss the Super Secret "Character Agency: I Need a Hero!" in DreamForge Anvil Magazine!
JUST RELEASED! BEST OF DEEP MAGIC ANTHOLOGY TWO! Three Super Secrets Workshop members made it into this best of the best anthology! KD Julicher, Brittany Rainsdon, and some guy named Wulf Moon. Click HERE to get yours!
NEXT MASTER CLASSES AT FYRECON ONLINE, NOV. 18-21ST. Click HERE before they are sold out once again!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2021 4:30 pm
NVHaskell, Álex Souza, crlisle and 1 people liked
officer
(@officer)
Bronze Star Member

@disgruntledpeony congratulations! I was so honored to share the short list with you and am beyond excited to learn you'd won! So well deserved, and we all can't wait to read your winning story at Baen, as well as your story in Upon a Thrice Time. 

Cheers,

Ari

HM, R, HM, R, R, SHM*, HM, ?, ?
*Finalist, 2021 Baen Fantasy Adventure Award

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2021 4:36 pm
NVHaskell, fox, crlisle and 2 people liked
AliciaCay
(@aliciacay)
Bronze Member

@disgruntledpeony

HUGE congratulations on not only winning FIRST PLACE in Writers of the Future, but also the Baen Fantasy Adventure Award. YAYYYY!

So well done! (fiyah!!!!) clapper clapper clapper  

And @officer

Very well done for making Finalist. Baen is a big award and it's no small feat to do so well with them. You're just warming up for taking off! sunny  

So proud of you both. ♥

~A.

V32: HM (Q4)
V33: HM, HM, SHM, HM
V34: R, R, HM, HM
V35: HM, HM, R, HM
V36: R, R, SHM, R
V37: SHM, FINALIST, HM, SHM
V38: SF, X, tbd
Ten story publications! (including Air and Nothingness Press, Third_Flatiron, and three with WordFire Press ♥)
https://aliciacay.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2021 4:43 pm
NVHaskell, Álex Souza, crlisle and 1 people liked
crlisle
(@crlisle)
Bronze Star Member

This is excellent news! Congratulations!

2020 Quarters: 1st -- R, 2nd -- HM, 3rd -- HM, 4th -- SHM
2021 Quarters: 1st -- HM, 2nd -- HM, 3rd -- Pending, 4th -- Pending
"Invasion" to be published in Daily Science Fiction
"The Last Dance" to be published Feb. 2022 in the LTUE Anthology, Parliament of Wizards
"My Ten Cents" published in Sci Fi Lampoon, vol. 2, Dec. 2020
"Never give up. Never surrender." - Galaxy Quest

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2021 5:26 pm
Cray Dimensional
(@craydimensional)
Bronze Star Member

@alexvss congratulations 

Small steps add up to miles.
V38: R, R, P

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2021 5:44 pm
fox
 fox
(@foxed)

@disgruntledpeony amazing news, congratulations!! can't wait to read your story. 

@officer similarly, well done, making finalist of a competition of that magnitude is such a huge accomplishment! even brighter things to come Smile

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2021 5:50 pm
David Hankins
(@lost_bard)
Bronze Star Member

@disgruntledpeony That’s fantastic! Congratulations! 
whoa salute clapper  

V38 Q2: HM
V38 Q3: Submitted
V38 Q4: Submitted

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2021 6:35 pm
Cray Dimensional
(@craydimensional)
Bronze Star Member

Whoop whoop. Way to go!

Small steps add up to miles.
V38: R, R, P

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 5, 2021 12:47 pm
officer
(@officer)
Bronze Star Member

@foxed thank you! And as a sign of hope for those getting certificates in WotF, my Baen finalist was previously an SHM in this contest (identical story, no edits or revisions). Keep on submitting your stories to other markets!

HM, R, HM, R, R, SHM*, HM, ?, ?
*Finalist, 2021 Baen Fantasy Adventure Award

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 5, 2021 6:19 pm
AliciaCay, fox, NVHaskell and 5 people liked
Joel C. Scoberg
(@joel-c-scoberg)
Advanced Member

Wow! That is amazing news whoa   many many congratulations grinning !

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 7, 2021 3:34 am
MountainSpud
(@jeschleicher)
Bronze Member

@disgruntledpeony Congrats!!! nuclear clapper clapper clapper   nuclear  

I just saw the news on Locus Magazine about the Baen award & went straight to this thread. You are having quite the rock star year, justly deserved, no doubt. I'm inspired! salute  

And @officer, congrats to you, too! You're clearly on mark! I greatly appreciate the behind the curtain info about the SHM. 

R X 3
HM X 3
SHM X 1

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2021 1:12 am
Alexandra Miracle
(@alexandramiracle)
Posted by: @steffenwolf

I didn't remember if there was a thread for anybody to share their writing successes with everybody, so I figured I'd start one. :)

I've been taking a break from forums for a while, but I just wanted to stop back to share some exciting news. My first publication is now posted on Fantasy Magazine. It's not fiction, unfortunately, but it's still getting my name on a prestigious magazine so I am very excited. I will have an entry posted every Saturday for at least the next 3 weeks after this one.

This one: an interview of author Alethea Kontis.

The other three (I'm not certain of the order yet):
An interview with David Wolverton (David Farland)
An article titled "Wizard vs. Witch: Who's the Real Villain?" examining the Wizard of Oz.
A comparison of "Wicked" the book vs. "Wicked" the movie.

I'm hoping to make this a regular thing, as long as I can keep Cat Rambo interested. Finally something for my hungry cover letter template. :)

My congratulations!!!!! What is a secret of your success? Do you have any publications online? I have started to publish the short stories ("Listening the thoughts") and to find the readers isn't so simple) 

This post was modified 1 week ago by Alexandra Miracle

Respect and Honor,
Alexandra Miracle

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2021 6:19 am
Disgruntled Peony
(@disgruntledpeony)
Gold Star Member

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words and congratulations! grinning I promised I'd link my story once it became available, so here it is.

https://www.baen.com/echoes-of-meridian

If you are in difficulties with a book, try the element of surprise: attack it at an hour when it isn't expecting it. ~ H.G. Wells
R, SF, SHM, SHM, SHM, F, R, HM, SHM, R, HM, R, F, SHM, SHM, SHM, SF, SHM, 1st Place (Q2 V38)
Ticknor Tales

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2021 9:31 am
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Gold Member

I read your award winning story Liz. It's awesome. You have definitely climbed the mountain of success, well done. 

Today's science fiction is tomorrow's reality-D.R.Sweeney
HM-V32/Q3
HM-V36/Q4
HM-V38/Q1

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2021 11:40 am
David Hankins
(@lost_bard)
Bronze Star Member

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words and congratulations! grinning I promised I'd link my story once it became available, so here it is.

That’s a great story! A really good read. Thanks for sharing and congratulations again!

V38 Q2: HM
V38 Q3: Submitted
V38 Q4: Submitted

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 17, 2021 3:25 am
czing
(@czing)
Bronze Star Member

Just about to go read your story. So many congratulations to you on all the amazing success you have had over this last little while. May it continue on well into the future!!!

v36 Q1, Q3 - HM; Q4 - R
v37 Q1 - R; Q2 - SHM; Q4 - HM
v38 Q1 - HM; Q2 -SHM; Q3 - P

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 18, 2021 10:04 am
Page 147 / 147
Share: