Success!

Page 146 / 147

NVHaskell
(@nvhaskell)
Advanced Member
Posted by: @wulfmoon
WONDERFUL NEWS, NVHASKELL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!

I am thrilled to hear you will be published in DEEP MAGIC! And with a Silver HM story from this contest! How cool is that? 

Deep Magic had two open calls worth of top tier stories they had to choose from for this issue. The competition was tremendous, and they had a specific goal they were trying to achieve for this set of stories. This was no small win! I'm sorry to see the magazine come to an end, but I'm happy your story got in their last issue. A truly respectable sale for your first! WELL DONE!

And yes, well done for not giving up on your story and continuing to send it out after it got a Silver here. It takes keeping a story in circulation until the right editor and need for that story occurs. Persistence and patience CAN make all the difference! Congrats for not giving up!

You now have a nice credit to add to your cover letters. You've also proven you wrote a story that impressed a very selective board that has some bestselling authors on it. May this sale open many new doors for you!

All the beast!

Wulf Moon

Wulf, Thank you so much!

I had no idea that there were two open calls but assumed the competition was stellar given the quality of the material they publish. But whoa .

I only recently started engaging with the forum more but have been learning so much from the expertise and shared wisdom here for the last year and a half. Thank you for encouraging new writers like myself and imparting your knowledge, I truly believe that what I have gained here helped this story get published.

‘If you write one story, it may be bad; if you write a hundred, you have the odds in your favor.’ ~ Edgar Rice Burroughs
'The War Within' Deep Magic Volume 73 https://deepmagic.co
V37- R, HM, SHM, HM
V38- HM, SHM, P

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 15, 2021 3:27 pm
Wulf Moon liked
crlisle
(@crlisle)
Bronze Star Member

Can hardly wait to read your story! 

2020 Quarters: 1st -- R, 2nd -- HM, 3rd -- HM, 4th -- SHM
2021 Quarters: 1st -- HM, 2nd -- HM, 3rd -- Pending
"The Last Dance" to be published Feb. 2022 in the LTUE Anthology, Parliament of Wizards
"My Ten Cents" published in Sci Fi Lampoon, vol. 2, Dec. 2020
"Never give up. Never surrender." - Galaxy Quest

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 15, 2021 4:33 pm
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Member Moderator

@nvhaskell I spoke to John Goodwin at Author Services about your success with your Silver. He said if you write your post on Facebook and tag him, he’ll put it on his page, which often includes the WotF Facebook page. 😊

JOIN THE WULF PACK! http://the super secrets.com
"Super-Duper Moongirl and the Amazing Moon Dawdler" wins WRITERS OF THE FUTURE VOL. 35 & BEST SF&F STORY OF 2019. Order WotF Volume 35 HERE!
“Muzik Man" wins BEST SF&F STORY of 2020
NEW! Don't miss "Shaken, Not Stirred" & "Behind the Scenes" & "Nail Your Opening" in DreamForge Anvil Magazine!
JUST RELEASED! BEST OF DEEP MAGIC ANTHOLOGY TWO! Three Super Secrets Workshop members made it into this best of the best anthology! KD Julicher, Brittany Rainsdon, and some guy named Wulf Moon.Click HERE to get yours!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 15, 2021 5:44 pm
NVHaskell
(@nvhaskell)
Advanced Member

@wulfmoon Ooh! Thank you, I am on it!

‘If you write one story, it may be bad; if you write a hundred, you have the odds in your favor.’ ~ Edgar Rice Burroughs
V37- R, HM, SHM, HM
V38- HM, SHM, P

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 16, 2021 7:24 pm
Wulf Moon liked
Scott_M_Sands
(@scott_m_sands)
Bronze Star Member

@nvhaskell

Congrats! That's truly great news. I look forward to reading your story!

"Many people will tell you that you can't write. Let no one say that you don't." -Ken Rand
V36-37: R x6
V38: R, HM, P

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2021 7:40 am
Joel C. Scoberg
(@joel-c-scoberg)
Advanced Member

I woke up this morning to a lovely surprise, my first published story grinning ! It's published today (22 June 2021) in Daily Science Fiction, a site I have subscribed to for a number of years now, so it is crazy seeing something I wrote emailed to me by DSF. Bucket list: publish a story... tick! woohoo  

https://dailysciencefiction.com/science-fiction/other-worlds-sf/joel-c-scoberg/drunk-scentless

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2021 12:36 am
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Gold Member

That is a unique approach to storytelling Joel. My wife used the bacon aroma to call me to the kitchen earlier.

Congrats on the sale. clapper  

Today's science fiction is tomorrow's reality-D.R.Sweeney
HM-V32/Q3
HM-V36/Q4
HM-V38/Q1

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2021 7:26 am
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)
Posted by: @joel-c-scoberg

I woke up this morning to a lovely surprise, my first published story grinning ! It's published today (22 June 2021) in Daily Science Fiction, a site I have subscribed to for a number of years now, so it is crazy seeing something I wrote emailed to me by DSF. Bucket list: publish a story... tick! woohoo  

https://dailysciencefiction.com/science-fiction/other-worlds-sf/joel-c-scoberg/drunk-scentless

Congratulations, Joel! DSF is a nice market. May it be a stair step to even greater things in your writers' journey!

"Super-Duper Moongirl and the Amazing Moon Dawdler" wins WRITERS OF THE FUTURE VOL. 35 & BEST SF&F STORY OF 2019. Order WotF Volume 35 HERE!
NEW! Don't miss "Shaken, Not Stirred" & "Behind the Scenes" & "Nail Your Opening" in DreamForge Anvil Magazine!
JUST RELEASED! BEST OF DEEP MAGIC ANTHOLOGY TWO! Three Super Secrets Workshop members made it into this best of the best anthology! KD Julicher, Brittany Rainsdon, and some guy named Wulf Moon.Click HERE to get yours!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2021 10:11 am
Joel C. Scoberg
(@joel-c-scoberg)
Advanced Member

@wulfmoon Thank you, Moon grinning

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2021 12:56 am
Wulf Moon liked
Joel C. Scoberg
(@joel-c-scoberg)
Advanced Member

@storysinger Thank you grinning  

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2021 12:59 am
Disgruntled Peony
(@disgruntledpeony)
Gold Star Member

@joel-c-scoberg Congratulations! clapper  

If you are in difficulties with a book, try the element of surprise: attack it at an hour when it isn't expecting it. ~ H.G. Wells
R, SF, SHM, SHM, SHM, F, R, HM, SHM, R, HM, R, F, SHM, SHM, SHM, SF, SHM, 1st Place (Q2 V38)
Ticknor Tales

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2021 8:22 am
Wulf Moon liked
Cray Dimensional
(@craydimensional)
Bronze Star Member

@joel-c-scoberg congratulations 

Small steps add up to miles.
V38: R, R, P

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2021 9:54 am
Wulf Moon liked
NVHaskell
(@nvhaskell)
Advanced Member

@joel-c-scoberg That's awesome! Congratulations!

V37- R, HM, SHM, HM
V38- HM, SHM, P

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2021 2:03 pm
Wulf Moon liked
Joel C. Scoberg
(@joel-c-scoberg)
Advanced Member

@disgruntledpeony @nvhaskell @craydimensional

Thank you grinning  

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2021 1:37 am
crlisle
(@crlisle)
Bronze Star Member

@joel-c-scoberg I really enjoyed your published story! The different scent combinations were intriguing and it was fun to imagine how they smelled. 

Congratulations!

"The Last Dance" to be published Feb. 2022 in the LTUE Anthology, Parliament of Wizards

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2021 7:36 am
Wulf Moon liked
Joel C. Scoberg
(@joel-c-scoberg)
Advanced Member

@crlisle I'm really glad you enjoyed it! It's always nice to hear that from someone who is not related to me so is not obligated by blood or marriage to say so laughing  

Thank you  grinning  

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2021 7:58 am
C.A.Tedeschi
(@c-a-tedeschi)

@scribblesatdusk ....    Thanks for reading my story! I'm glad you liked it. I am working on a sequel. And continuing 'The Adventures of Fen the Gnome Ranger. It's difficult to make the stories stand alone, so the next one is not fit for submission to WotF. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2021 9:09 am
Wulf Moon liked
Disgruntled Peony
(@disgruntledpeony)
Gold Star Member

https://locusmag.com/2021/07/2021-baen-fantasy-adventure-award-finalists/

So... umm... I just found out I made finalist in the Baen Fantasy Adventure Awards, you guys. oooooo It's not a guaranteed win, by any means, but do I consider it a success? Absolutely.

My head feels like it's about to explode. laughing  

If you are in difficulties with a book, try the element of surprise: attack it at an hour when it isn't expecting it. ~ H.G. Wells
R, SF, SHM, SHM, SHM, F, R, HM, SHM, R, HM, R, F, SHM, SHM, SHM, SF, SHM, 1st Place (Q2 V38)
Ticknor Tales

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 1, 2021 2:48 pm
NVHaskell, C.A.Tedeschi, MarathonCoder and 7 people liked
dommichaels
(@dommichaels)

@disgruntledpeony

Congratulations! Of course it counts as success ... fingers crossed that you take the grand prize!

V37 Q3 - HM, V37 Q4 - HM, V38 Q1 - HM, V38 Q2 - HM

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 1, 2021 3:40 pm
David Hankins
(@lost_bard)
Bronze Member

@disgruntledpeony

That’s awesome! Congratulations! Good luck with your next few weeks of anxiously waiting to find out about the winners.

toast

V38 Q2: HM

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 1, 2021 6:27 pm
TimE
 TimE
(@time)
Silver Member

@disgruntledpeony Well done, DP. I'd count finalist as a success.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2021 12:46 am
Joel C. Scoberg
(@joel-c-scoberg)
Advanced Member
Posted by: @disgruntledpeony

So... umm... I just found out I made finalist in the Baen Fantasy Adventure Awards, you guys. oooooo It's not a guaranteed win, by any means, but do I consider it a success? Absolutely.

Congratulations  clapper  

I'll have my fingers crossed for you!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2021 1:24 am
crlisle
(@crlisle)
Bronze Star Member

@disgruntledpeony you rock! Huge congratulations! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2021 3:09 pm
scribblesatdusk
(@scribblesatdusk)
Bronze Member

Congrats! That is huge!! I got my phalanges crossed for you.

V36:Q3 HM
V37: Q3 R, Q4 SHM
V38: R,HM, ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2021 4:31 pm
DoctorJest
(@doctorjest)
Silver Member
Posted by: @disgruntledpeony

Congratulations! fistinair Fingers crossed for a legendary double!

R: 0 / HM: 8 / SHM: 4 / SF: 0 / F: 1
Currently in for Q3.V38 / Q4.V38 currently in crit/revision stage
Last result: SHM for Q2.V38
Revised SHM ('Ashwright') at PodCastle
Revised HM ('The Winds of the Mind') forthcoming at Abyss and Apex, ~October 2023

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2021 6:14 pm
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)

@disgruntledpeony.  Well done, Liz! You’ve got two big fish on!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2021 9:22 am
Álex Souza
(@alexvss)

I had my first English-language short-story published in HyphenPunk (a new zine about everything, well, punk) just two weeks ago.

It was rejected more than 40 times in the span of a year. It lost contests, was critiqued at critters.org, was read by paid beta-readers, discussed on discord servers...and it's finally out! What a trip. Talk about stubborn! 😝 😝 I'm very proud about this story. It has a message that had to be passed, and it will make life better for the ones who endure to read through it!

In for V38 Q3 and Q4.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 4, 2021 6:06 pm
NVHaskell, dommichaels, David Hankins and 5 people liked
Disgruntled Peony
(@disgruntledpeony)
Gold Star Member
Posted by: @alexvss

I had my first English-language short-story published in HyphenPunk (a new zine about everything, well, punk) just two weeks ago.

It was rejected more than 40 times in the span of a year. It lost contests, was critiqued at critters.org, was read by paid beta-readers, discussed on discord servers...and it's finally out! What a trip. Talk about stubborn! 😝 😝 I'm very proud about this story. It has a message that had to be passed, and it will make life better for the ones who endure to read through it!

Congratulations! clapper  

Ticknor Tales

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 5, 2021 11:08 am
crlisle
(@crlisle)
Bronze Star Member

@alexvss Congratulations! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 5, 2021 11:45 am
Joel C. Scoberg
(@joel-c-scoberg)
Advanced Member

@alexvss congratulations!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2021 12:41 am
Page 146 / 147
Share: