Bronze Star Member

Wow! Congratulations!

Thank you! wotf007

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 2, 2021 12:47 pm
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Gold Member

I've got some good news to share! My 70k novel just got accepted at World Castle Publishing!

That's awesome HL. wotf010 I look forward to reading your work.

Today's science fiction is tomorrow's reality-D.R.Sweeney
HM-V32/Q3
HM-V36/Q4
HM-V38/Q1

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 3, 2021 1:20 am
NVHaskell liked
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Member Moderator

Hello everyone. I never thought I’d be able to post anything on this thread, since I've never had any major achievements in writing. But finally, I've got some good news to share! My 70k novel just got accepted at World Castle Publishing! It’s a small press, however, this is a very big milestone for me Smile

Congratulations, Hermione! I know you’ve been working hard, and you’ve told me you’ve made good use of the Super Secrets many times. May this be the start of many more great things for you! Well done!

JOIN THE WULF PACK! http://the super secrets.com
"Super-Duper Moongirl and the Amazing Moon Dawdler" wins WRITERS OF THE FUTURE VOL. 35 & BEST SF&F STORY OF 2019. Order WotF Volume 35 HERE!
“Muzik Man" in Deep Magic Fall 2020 wins BEST SF&F STORY of 2020
NEW! Don't miss the Super Secret "Character Agency: I Need a Hero!" in DreamForge Anvil Magazine!
JUST RELEASED! BEST OF DEEP MAGIC ANTHOLOGY TWO! Three Super Secrets Workshop members made it into this best of the best anthology! KD Julicher, Brittany Rainsdon, and some guy named Wulf Moon. Click HERE to get yours!
NEXT MASTER CLASSES AT FYRECON ONLINE, NOV. 18-21ST. Click HERE before they are sold out once again!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 3, 2021 5:39 am
HermioneLee
(@hermionelee)
Bronze Star Member

Thank you storysinger and Moon!!
wotf008

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 3, 2021 1:54 pm
Disgruntled Peony
(@disgruntledpeony)
Gold Star Member

Hello everyone. I never thought I’d be able to post anything on this thread, since I've never had any major achievements in writing. But finally, I've got some good news to share! My 70k novel just got accepted at World Castle Publishing! It’s a small press, however, this is a very big milestone for me Smile
wotf006 Congratulations, Hermione! wotf007

wotf010 wotf010 wotf010 wotf010 wotf010

If you are in difficulties with a book, try the element of surprise: attack it at an hour when it isn't expecting it. ~ H.G. Wells
R, SF, SHM, SHM, SHM, F, R, HM, SHM, R, HM, R, F, SHM, SHM, SHM, SF, SHM, 1st Place (Q2 V38)
Ticknor Tales

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 6, 2021 2:29 am
Pezel
(@pezel)

Awesome news, Hermione! Congratulations!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 6, 2021 10:24 am
TimE
 TimE
(@time)
Silver Member

Brilliant. Well done, Hermione. Great news. Nice to hear it happen.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 6, 2021 6:52 pm
HermioneLee
(@hermionelee)
Bronze Star Member

wotf011 Thanks disgruntled peony, Pezel and TimE!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 7, 2021 12:37 pm
RETreasure
(@rschibler)
Silver Star Member

My story "The Wizard, the Watcher, and the Waif" will be published Friday at https://nightshiftradio.com/storytellersprint . Enjoy!

V34: R,HM,R
V35: HM,R,R,HM
V36: R,HM,HM,SHM
V37: HM,SF,SHM,SHM
V38: F, SHM, P, P
Available for critiques - PM for availability.
www.rebeccaetreasure.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 13, 2021 4:38 am
scribblesatdusk
(@scribblesatdusk)
Bronze Star Member

My story "The Wizard, the Watcher, and the Waif" will be published Friday at https://nightshiftradio.com/storytellersprint . Enjoy!

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to read it in 2 days. You mentioned this was a previous HM? How much changing did it undergo before its now polished diamond state?

V36:Q3 HM
V37: Q3 R, Q4 SHM
V38: R,HM, ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 13, 2021 6:16 am
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Member Moderator

Congratulations, Becky! You’ve told me about this one. It sounds like a very creative story! Well done!

JOIN THE WULF PACK! http://the super secrets.com
"Super-Duper Moongirl and the Amazing Moon Dawdler" wins WRITERS OF THE FUTURE VOL. 35 & BEST SF&F STORY OF 2019. Order WotF Volume 35 HERE!
“Muzik Man" in Deep Magic Fall 2020 wins BEST SF&F STORY of 2020
NEW! Don't miss the Super Secret "Character Agency: I Need a Hero!" in DreamForge Anvil Magazine!
JUST RELEASED! BEST OF DEEP MAGIC ANTHOLOGY TWO! Three Super Secrets Workshop members made it into this best of the best anthology! KD Julicher, Brittany Rainsdon, and some guy named Wulf Moon. Click HERE to get yours!
NEXT MASTER CLASSES AT FYRECON ONLINE, NOV. 18-21ST. Click HERE before they are sold out once again!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 13, 2021 7:04 am
Disgruntled Peony
(@disgruntledpeony)
Gold Star Member

wotf010 wotf010 wotf010 wotf010 wotf010
Awesome news, Becky! wotf007

If you are in difficulties with a book, try the element of surprise: attack it at an hour when it isn't expecting it. ~ H.G. Wells
R, SF, SHM, SHM, SHM, F, R, HM, SHM, R, HM, R, F, SHM, SHM, SHM, SF, SHM, 1st Place (Q2 V38)
Ticknor Tales

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 13, 2021 7:25 am
RETreasure
(@rschibler)
Silver Star Member

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to read it in 2 days. You mentioned this was a previous HM? How much changing did it undergo before its now polished diamond state?

Thanks!

Hmm. Both a lot, and a little. The plot itself hasn't changed at all since Dave saw it, but the characters have more depth and there have been a number of prose edits as I've learned more and improved my craft.

www.rebeccaetreasure.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 13, 2021 9:12 am
Reuben
(@reuben)
Bronze Star Member

Congratulations!

Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm ~ Winston Churchill
V37: R, R, R, HM
V38: SHM

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 13, 2021 9:35 am
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Gold Member

Awesome news Becky. wotf010 Congratulations.

HM-V32/Q3
HM-V36/Q4
HM-V38/Q1

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2021 7:31 am
RETreasure
(@rschibler)
Silver Star Member

https://nightshiftradio.com/storyteller ... d-the-waif

If you're interested in an HM that reached publication, check it out! It's a fantasy about Grundar, who wants vengeance, and Epohar, who just wants to survive. Enjoy!

www.rebeccaetreasure.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2021 1:06 am
TimE
 TimE
(@time)
Silver Member

https://nightshiftradio.com/storytellersprint/print-edition-vol-8-the-wizard-the-watcher-and-the-waif

If you're interested in an HM that reached publication, check it out! It's a fantasy about Grundar, who wants vengeance, and Epohar, who just wants to survive. Enjoy!

I enjoyed the read. Well done, and thanks for posting the link.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2021 1:12 am
Pezel
(@pezel)

Great story, Rebecca! Especially loved the ending.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2021 3:58 am
RETreasure
(@rschibler)
Silver Star Member

Great story, Rebecca! Especially loved the ending.

Thank you so much!

www.rebeccaetreasure.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2021 4:37 am
Reuben
(@reuben)
Bronze Star Member

https://nightshiftradio.com/storytellersprint/print-edition-vol-8-the-wizard-the-watcher-and-the-waif

Nice! I especially love your openings. Tonight, Grundar would kill the Wizard. Can't stop reading after that! Not to mention that it does double duty, with the end circling around to the beginning.

Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm ~ Winston Churchill
V37: R, R, R, HM
V38: SHM

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2021 7:02 am
RETreasure
(@rschibler)
Silver Star Member

Thank you! I find full circle endings very satisfying.

www.rebeccaetreasure.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2021 9:15 am
dommichaels
(@dommichaels)
Advanced Member

Nice job! It seems like a story that you could even expand to novel length - lots of potential in that world!

V37 Q3 - HM, V37 Q4 - HM, V38 Q1 - HM, V38 Q2 - HM

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 16, 2021 7:33 am
Disgruntled Peony
(@disgruntledpeony)
Gold Star Member

Nice job! It seems like a story that you could even expand to novel length - lots of potential in that world!

Ha! I was fortunate enough to be a beta reader for Watcher and have been trying to convince Becky to novelize it ever since. wotf019

Ticknor Tales

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 16, 2021 5:51 pm
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Gold Member

I like your story RSchibler. The surprise ending was unexpected. Good job. wotf010

HM-V32/Q3
HM-V36/Q4
HM-V38/Q1

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 17, 2021 1:24 am
scribblesatdusk
(@scribblesatdusk)
Bronze Star Member

Finally got a chance to read it. Reminded me of Lies of Locke Lamora (which I really like so this is only meant as a compliment) with the heist and fantasy aspect.

I especially liked this description:

"...Wrinkles pressed on wrinkles ..." Congratulations again!

V36:Q3 HM
V37: Q3 R, Q4 SHM
V38: R,HM, ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 17, 2021 5:29 am
RETreasure
(@rschibler)
Silver Star Member

Thank you!

www.rebeccaetreasure.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 18, 2021 12:41 am
AndyDibble
(@andydibble)
Bronze Member

A finalist for multiple Hugos/Nebulas and a Bram Stoker winner just emailed me saying that he nominated my WotF vol 36 story "A Word That Means Everything" for the Nebula, so I'm pretty pumped.

Also just had a flash piece (seven drabbles on immortality) out in Scifi Lampoon:
https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/ian-k-a ... pageSize=4

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 3, 2021 10:33 pm
TimE
 TimE
(@time)
Silver Member

A finalist for multiple Hugos/Nebulas and a Bram Stoker winner just emailed me saying that he nominated my WotF vol 36 story "A Word That Means Everything" for the Nebula, so I'm pretty pumped.

That's something to get really excited about. Great news, Andy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 3, 2021 10:43 pm
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Gold Member

That's really cool Andy. Hope you get the most votes. Best of fortune to you.

HM-V32/Q3
HM-V36/Q4
HM-V38/Q1

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 4, 2021 5:58 am
Rey Nichols
(@rnichols)
Bronze Member

So...I've been absent from the forums for a couple months because I've had a busy schedule. Most of that was due to me getting my urban fantasy novella prepared for a small press' slush submission window. Well, they passed on it, I was a tad heartbroken, but the editor I know personally and she gave me some strong feedback on how it was ready to publish, I just had to review one thing and correct it.

Then, an hour later, I get a contract offer for the same manuscript from a different press I submitted to six months ago! Signed off on the contract today with Mocha Memoirs Press. So excited to finally have a foot in the door! When the world opens back up, I'll be able to sit on the OTHER side of the con table Smile #levelup

Now to finish edits for my Q2 WOTF story Smile

HM: 5
R: 1
www.reynichols.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 4, 2021 3:46 pm
Page 143 / 147
Share: