Notifications
Clear all

Success!

Page 139 / 147

DaneCurley
(@danecurley)
Advanced Member

Rejections don't always mean it's not your market, but I am glad they found success elsewhere! What is the market so we can check it out when it hits?

I agree with you generally, but I think my stories checked a few "not gonna be well-considered here" boxes upon reconsideration. Hehe.

In any case, I'm eager to share the market, but I'm so nervous that it is "too good to be true," and don't want pie in my face. So I will wait for more than just the acceptance email from the editor to share the Issue # & Market! I'm still nervous post-acceptance!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 26, 2020 2:02 am
RETreasure
(@rschibler)
Silver Star Member

I get it! Share when you can. Congratulations!

V34: R,HM,R
V35: HM,R,R,HM
V36: R,HM,HM,SHM
V37: HM,SF,SHM,SHM
V38: F, SHM, P, P
Available for critiques - PM for availability.
www.rebeccaetreasure.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 26, 2020 2:21 am
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Member Moderator

Well, it's not alphabetical, so it must be based on story awesomeness! (Sorry, KG Anderson) wotf011

Heh-heh. Congratulations, Michael J!

JOIN THE WULF PACK! http://the super secrets.com
"Super-Duper Moongirl and the Amazing Moon Dawdler" wins WRITERS OF THE FUTURE VOL. 35 & BEST SF&F STORY OF 2019. Order WotF Volume 35 HERE!
“Muzik Man" in Deep Magic Fall 2020 wins BEST SF&F STORY of 2020
NEW! Don't miss the Super Secret "Character Agency: I Need a Hero!" in DreamForge Anvil Magazine!
JUST RELEASED! BEST OF DEEP MAGIC ANTHOLOGY TWO! Three Super Secrets Workshop members made it into this best of the best anthology! KD Julicher, Brittany Rainsdon, and some guy named Wulf Moon. Click HERE to get yours!
NEXT MASTER CLASSES AT FYRECON ONLINE, NOV. 18-21ST. Click HERE before they are sold out once again!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 26, 2020 2:57 am
LibrarianBarbarian
(@librarianbarbarian)
Advanced Member

I just heard from the Editor in Chief of the indie press publishing my upcoming Western novelette that the anthology will be coming out this October! It's been a long time since the story was accepted last spring. The poor guy AND his daughter have both been having terrible health issues and everything slowed to a crawl. This will mark my 5th published story (one reprint).

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 28, 2020 10:23 am
AndyDibble
(@andydibble)
Bronze Member

I just heard from the Editor in Chief of the indie press publishing my upcoming Western novelette that the anthology will be coming out this October!

Congrats! Make sure you share it with us when it's out / out for pre-order!

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 1, 2020 6:50 pm
LibrarianBarbarian
(@librarianbarbarian)
Advanced Member

Thanks Andy! It's a little outside the realm of this board, but it is 'speculative' in a way. The anthology's theme is team-ups of Western historical characters who never actually met. We had to keep it realistic as to their lifespans and historical locations, in that a meeting could theoretically have occurred. My story is about a very young Henry McCarty taking the first small steps along the road to his future infamy as Billy the Kid, guided by the legendary outlaw, John Wesley Hardin.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 2, 2020 6:12 am
mikewyantjr
(@mikewyantjr)
Bronze Star Member

Thanks Andy! It's a little outside the realm of this board, but it is 'speculative' in a way. The anthology's theme is team-ups of Western historical characters who never actually met. We had to keep it realistic as to their lifespans and historical locations, in that a meeting could theoretically have occurred. My story is about a very young Henry McCarty taking the first small steps along the road to his future infamy as Billy the Kid, guided by the legendary outlaw, John Wesley Hardin.

This is the success thread; all success is welcome! Share away when it's ready. wotf007

WotF Results:

R:6
HM:12
sHM:0
SF:1
F:0
Last: HM, Q1 v38

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 3, 2020 1:57 am
LibrarianBarbarian
(@librarianbarbarian)
Advanced Member

This is the success thread; all success is welcome! Share away when it's ready. wotf007

I will! I had a lot of fun with that one. The mood I had in mind while writing it was 'imagine the classic Western movie, 'Shane' if it was directed in 1970 by Sam Peckinpah instead of in 1953 by George Stevens'.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 3, 2020 2:06 am
MichaelKingswood
(@michaelkingswood)
Bronze Member

Here's a different kind of success: Kickstarter. I'm running a small campaign to fund some audiobooks. 25% funded so far, in less than a day. Considering I gave myself a month, I think success is in the works. Smile

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 11, 2020 6:05 am
Henckel
(@henckel)
Silver Member

I will! I had a lot of fun with that one. The mood I had in mind while writing it was 'imagine the classic Western movie, 'Shane' if it was directed in 1970 by Sam Peckinpah instead of in 1953 by George Stevens'.

Yes, definitely share the link.

For a Sci-Fi Fantasy forum, there is a surprisingly LOT of us who love westerns (myself included).

(2014) V31 Q1 – R
(2018) V35 Q3 – HM
(2019) V36 Q3 – HM
(2019) V36 Q4 – SHM
(2020) V37 Q1 – R
(2020) V37 Q2 – HM
(2020) V37 Q3 – SHM
(2020) V37 Q4 – Finalist
(2021) V38 Q1 – Semi-finalist
(2021) V38 Q2 – SHM
(2021) V38 Q3 – tba

Coolest Achievements
(2019) Published in Escape Anthology
(2020) Published in Sci-Fi Lampoon
(2020) V37 Q4 – Finalist
(2020) Dream Foundry - Shortlisted
(2021) Mike Resnick Memorial Award - 3rd Place winner!!! (to be published)

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 11, 2020 10:24 am
Disgruntled Peony
(@disgruntledpeony)
Gold Star Member

Got so caught up in real life stuff that I forgot to post about this on February 29th! My second pro published short story, 'Scars of Sentiment,' is now for sale in the U.S. https://www.amazon.com/dp/178755693X/re ... AEbACJ5V9H

If you are in difficulties with a book, try the element of surprise: attack it at an hour when it isn't expecting it. ~ H.G. Wells
R, SF, SHM, SHM, SHM, F, R, HM, SHM, R, HM, R, F, SHM, SHM, SHM, SF, SHM, 1st Place (Q2 V38)
Ticknor Tales

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 11, 2020 3:03 pm
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)

Got so caught up in real life stuff that I forgot to post about this on February 29th! My second pro published short story, 'Scars of Sentiment,' is now for sale in the U.S. https://www.amazon.com/dp/178755693X/re ... AEbACJ5V9H

Wonderful! Congratulations, LIz! Those are beautiful books!

"Super-Duper Moongirl and the Amazing Moon Dawdler" wins WRITERS OF THE FUTURE VOL. 35 & BEST SF&F STORY OF 2019. Order WotF Volume 35 HERE!
NEW! Don't miss the Super Secret "Character Agency: I Need a Hero!" in DreamForge Anvil Magazine!
JUST RELEASED! BEST OF DEEP MAGIC ANTHOLOGY TWO! Three Super Secrets Workshop members made it into this best of the best anthology! KD Julicher, Brittany Rainsdon, and some guy named Wulf Moon. Click HERE to get yours!
NEXT MASTER CLASSES AT FYRECON ONLINE, NOV. 18-21ST. Click HERE before they are sold out once again!

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 12, 2020 4:45 am
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)

Here's a different kind of success: Kickstarter. I'm running a small campaign to fund some audiobooks. 25% funded so far, in less than a day. Considering I gave myself a month, I think success is in the works. Smile

Best of success on your Kickstarter, Michael! You've got big plans; Kickstarter support can make them happen! Glad it's off to a good start!

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 12, 2020 4:47 am
AndyDibble
(@andydibble)
Bronze Member

Nice! Something for me to read once I beat down my stack a bit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 16, 2020 6:44 pm
Henckel
(@henckel)
Silver Member

Congratulations, Liz!!!!!!  fistinair

(2014) V31 Q1 – R
(2018) V35 Q3 – HM
(2019) V36 Q3 – HM
(2019) V36 Q4 – SHM
(2020) V37 Q1 – R
(2020) V37 Q2 – HM
(2020) V37 Q3 – SHM
(2020) V37 Q4 – Finalist
(2021) V38 Q1 – Semi-finalist
(2021) V38 Q2 – SHM
(2021) V38 Q3 – tba

Coolest Achievements
(2019) Published in Escape Anthology
(2020) Published in Sci-Fi Lampoon
(2020) V37 Q4 – Finalist
(2020) Dream Foundry - Shortlisted
(2021) Mike Resnick Memorial Award - 3rd Place winner!!! (to be published)

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 17, 2020 10:25 am
MichaelKingswood
(@michaelkingswood)
Bronze Member

Best of success on your Kickstarter, Michael! You've got big plans; Kickstarter support can make them happen! Glad it's off to a good start!

Cheers!

10 days in - 56% funded. wotf013

Hey on a related note, Dean is starting up a campaign to educate writers on Kickstarter and organize mutual support. The goal is to make writers better at campaigns but also to increase the Fiction presence on Kickstarter, and maybe turn it into a place readers will go to look for new cool books and writers sort of like how gamers do now. He set up a free course/forum on the subject, if anyone is interested:

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 20, 2020 4:56 am
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)

Cheers!

10 days in - 56% funded. wotf013

Hey on a related note, Dean is starting up a campaign to educate writers on Kickstarter and organize mutual support. The goal is to make writers better at campaigns but also to increase the Fiction presence on Kickstarter, and maybe turn it into a place readers will go to look for new cool books and writers sort of like how gamers do now. He set up a free course/forum on the subject, if anyone is interested:

Congratulations your Kickstarter is doing so well, Michael! Kickstarter is a great resource for getting projects off the ground. Much success to you!

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 22, 2020 7:50 am
Jasmine Arch
(@jasmine-arch)

So, my story, On the Nature and Origin of Dragons, which got an HM last year, just got accepted by an anthology. At pro rates. I've sold short stories before (2 shorts, 2 flash pieces) but never at pro rates before!

(I'm still reeling, tbh)

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 27, 2020 7:37 am
Disgruntled Peony
(@disgruntledpeony)
Gold Star Member

So, my story, On the Nature and Origin of Dragons, which got an HM last year, just got accepted by an anthology. At pro rates. I've sold short stories before (2 shorts, 2 flash pieces) but never at pro rates before!

(I'm still reeling, tbh)

Congratulations! wotf007 wotf010

If you are in difficulties with a book, try the element of surprise: attack it at an hour when it isn't expecting it. ~ H.G. Wells
R, SF, SHM, SHM, SHM, F, R, HM, SHM, R, HM, R, F, SHM, SHM, SHM, SF, SHM, 1st Place (Q2 V38)
Ticknor Tales

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 27, 2020 7:48 am
Scafontaine
(@scafontaine)
Bronze Star Member

(I'm still reeling, tbh)

CONGRATS!! That's awesome!

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 28, 2020 2:38 am
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)

(I'm still reeling, tbh)

Yay, Jasmine! Congratulations, and may there be many more!

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 28, 2020 9:06 am
WillShadbolt
(@willshadbolt)
Advanced Member

Daily Science Fiction just accepted one of my stories!

I first got the idea almost two years ago and wrote a total of five different versions, trying to get it right, so I’m extra ecstatic to see it sell!

R, HM, R, Pending

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 29, 2020 12:04 pm
Disgruntled Peony
(@disgruntledpeony)
Gold Star Member

Daily Science Fiction just accepted one of my stories!

I first got the idea almost two years ago and wrote a total of five different versions, trying to get it right, so I’m extra ecstatic to see it sell!

Congratulations! wotf010

Ticknor Tales

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 29, 2020 4:35 pm
WillShadbolt
(@willshadbolt)
Advanced Member

Thanks!

R, HM, R, Pending

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 30, 2020 3:58 am
Dustin Adams
(@axeminister)
Gold Member

Awesome, Will!

DSF is fo' real.

2x Finalist
2x Semi
6x Silver
9x HM
1 of 6 SilverHM. 1 of 3 DSF: Short Stories. My Finalist #1 Finalist #2 coming soon in 4th & Starlight

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 30, 2020 4:53 am
AndyDibble
(@andydibble)
Bronze Member

Congrats Jasmine and Will!

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 30, 2020 11:18 pm
chuckt
(@chuckt)
Silver Member

Congrats LIz, Jasmine, and Will!! Frickin awesome!

36: R, R, R, SHM
37: R, HM, R, HM
38: HM, R, ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 31, 2020 12:55 am
mikewyantjr
(@mikewyantjr)
Bronze Star Member

My story, "Lavender Footsteps," was picked up for an acted out audiobook podcast that's starting up next month!

It's a paying gig, which is kind of crazy, but they're also still looking for new short stories in the 6,000-9,000 word range, so I figured I'd post the link (it's a tweet with an email) here in case anyone has a story that might fit.

https://twitter.com/TheMichaelFight/sta ... 91685?s=20

WotF Results:

R:6
HM:12
sHM:0
SF:1
F:0
Last: HM, Q1 v38

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 31, 2020 5:53 am
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Gold Member

Wow, looks like a lot of success is happening here, congrats to all of you.

Today's science fiction is tomorrow's reality-D.R.Sweeney
HM-V32/Q3
HM-V36/Q4
HM-V38/Q1

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 31, 2020 8:36 am
RETreasure
(@rschibler)
Silver Star Member

Congrats to everyone! DSF is a shiny sale, and who wouldn't love a podcast of their story?! Amazing!

V34: R,HM,R
V35: HM,R,R,HM
V36: R,HM,HM,SHM
V37: HM,SF,SHM,SHM
V38: F, SHM, P, P
Available for critiques - PM for availability.
www.rebeccaetreasure.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 31, 2020 9:12 am
Page 139 / 147
Share: