75 Posts
17 Users
98 Likes
DoctorJest
(@doctorjest)
Platinum Member

Posted by: @jason

Submission Portal login issues.

I added the following message on the home page of the submission portal login as looks like some browsers are giving login trouble still. FireFox and Chrome are solid if you have any issues, thus the following message was added:

Trouble shooting:
Use either Firefox or Chrome web browsers.
Your Contest entry user name is different than your online workshop/forum user name. For technical assistance please visit the forum or email jason@authorservicesinc.com.

For sure. I was quite liking Edge for a while, but recently it has shown a bit of a blind spot for things...like, buttons, or -- occasionally -- actually having an internet connection. In a way, though, it's almost reassuring -- I can still trust Microsoft to keep on reinventing the wheel until it looks like a spatula.

DQ:0 / R:0 / RWC:0 / HM:15 / SHM:7 / SF:1 / F:1
Published prior WotF entries: PodCastle, HFQ, Abyss & Apex

Posted : June 28, 2022 5:54 pm
storysinger and pdblake reacted
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Platinum Plus

I was a little apprehensive about subbing. I did not want to change my platform just for one function, entering the contest.

I was very happy MSN was accepted without having to use Firefox of Chrome.

I have a question, Jason. When I was in the portal of WotF my sub for Q2 had a different message than the others.

Could you check and see if I was entered in Q2?

Today's science fiction is tomorrow's reality-D.R.Sweeney
HM x5
Published Poetry
2012 Stars in Our Hearts
Silver Ships

Posted : June 30, 2022 10:18 am
Jason Toth
(@jason)
Gold Star Member Admin
Topic starter

@storysinger Happy to hear that MSM still worked and let you submit. A lot has to do with versions, computers, etc, thus usually when there are people with issues I tell them to try Chrome or FireFox.

I have checked your submissions and your Q2 is all good and for sure was in the system. During the judging process the messages might change depending on the current status, but it is for sure in there.

If you don't mind I would appreciate if you could check the current message and shoot me a screen shot. You can PM if you want.

Good luck with your new submission!

Posted : June 30, 2022 11:07 am
Todd Jones reacted
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Platinum Plus

Thanks for asking for a screenshot Jason. I had never tried doing that. Hope I got it right.

Today's science fiction is tomorrow's reality-D.R.Sweeney
HM x5
Published Poetry
2012 Stars in Our Hearts
Silver Ships

Posted : July 1, 2022 5:12 am
Jason Toth
(@jason)
Gold Star Member Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @storysinger

Thanks for asking for a screenshot Jason. I had never tried doing that. Hope I got it right.

Congratulations. Your screen shot was perfect and you did it exactly correct!! I answered you in PM.

Posted : July 1, 2022 2:16 pm
storysinger reacted
Jason Toth
(@jason)
Gold Star Member Admin
Topic starter

Submission portal for Q4 is now open! This is cycle 39D (Volume 39, 4th quarter).

For all returning users you will see in your account a new blank submission that is auto created and ready for you to upload your file.

Once it is uploaded do remember to click on the green "Submit" button as I have had a few people last quarter that didn't realize it is a two step process. You have to upload and then once that form is done you have to click the "Submit".

Following this you will get the auto email confirming you are in, so until you see that auto email know that your story is not in our system.

Good luck with your submissions and I am around if anyone has any issues.

Posted : July 2, 2022 11:57 pm
Jason Toth
(@jason)
Gold Star Member Admin
Topic starter

We will be performing scheduled maintenance on the Zengine Platform. We are expecting [TIME] of downtime starting at 11:30 PM ET on Thursday, September 22, 2022 and ending at 12:30 AM ET on Friday, September 23, 2022.

During this time you won't be able to access the submission system. Thanks for understanding.

Posted : September 22, 2022 10:10 pm
Jason Toth
(@jason)
Gold Star Member Admin
Topic starter

Okay, Zengine finished the updates on the review portal and all went well and we are back up and running.

grinning

Posted : September 22, 2022 10:19 pm
(@borderat1)

"Use the requested format" sign won't let me sign in or register. Would you please enlighten me?

Posted : September 27, 2022 2:26 pm
Jason Toth
(@jason)
Gold Star Member Admin
Topic starter

@borderat1 Thank you. If you go to this link there is a large blue button to sign up for the submission portal.

https://www.writersofthefuture.com/enter-writer-contest/

This submission portal is hosted by WizeHive and you will have to create a new account for this one if you have not entered since we updated it last year.

Once you sign up, you will have to create a profile, then you can fill out the form and submit your story.

Please let me know if this helps or any further question or issue getting in and I will help.

Posted : September 27, 2022 2:51 pm
Jason Toth
(@jason)
Gold Star Member Admin
Topic starter

I have just opened up the new submission portals for 1st Quarter 2023 for volume 40. (Cycle 40A)

Good luck to everyone. If anyone has any issues let me know, but all looks good on my end.

Posted : October 2, 2022 8:21 pm
pdblake
(@pdblake)
Gold Member

@jason I've just entered, all seems OK, but I've not had an email.

NVM: It just arrived. Must have got stuck somewhere Smile

R:6 RWC:1 HM:9 SHM:3
My Blog

Posted : October 3, 2022 7:57 am
Jason Toth
(@jason)
Gold Star Member Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @pdblake

@jason I've just entered, all seems OK, but I've not had an email.

NVM: It just arrived. Must have got stuck somewhere Smile

Great! Thanks for the confirmation and good luck with your story Smile

Posted : October 3, 2022 8:57 am
pdblake reacted
Jason Toth
(@jason)
Gold Star Member Admin
Topic starter

Submission Portal Scheduled Maintenance

February 23, 2023

We want to make you aware that next Thursday, February 23 at 12:00 AM EST there will be scheduled downtime of Zengine (Submission Portal software).

The scheduled downtime will be approximately 2 hours. During this maintenance window, our app may be inaccessible and scheduled integrations will be paused. All operations will resume after the maintenance window is completed. 

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Posted : February 20, 2023 5:14 pm
Pegeen and storysinger reacted
Jason Toth
(@jason)
Gold Star Member Admin
Topic starter

I have just opened up the new submission portals for the 3rd Quarter 2023 for volume 40. (Cycle 40C)

Good luck to everyone. If anyone has any issues let me know, but all looks good on my end.

Posted : April 1, 2023 5:33 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: