Introducing the New Illustration Workshops in 2017

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@lazarusblack)
Advanced Member
Topic starter

Hello!

This is Lazarus Chernik. Echo Chernik (the new Coordinating Judge for Illustration) and I created a complete new worksop curriculum for 2017.

It doesn't look like this forum has been used much since 2015, so maybe we can start things rolling again.

Hello.

If you are actively following this, please let me know so we can start populating this Forum with at least as much great information as the Writers get.

wotf007

Posted : April 5, 2017 6:05 pm
(@lazarusblack)
Advanced Member
Topic starter

Also, if anyone prefers Facebook Groups there is a new one for Illustrator Winners at:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1284433224998011/

Good luck!

Posted : April 5, 2017 6:15 pm
Dustin Adams
(@tj_knight)
Platinum Plus Moderator

Would love to see more illustrator posts!

I've seen the winners' winning art on FB and am dumbfounded by it. I wonder if the crafting of a good story is the mental equivalent to the beautiful art those winners created. I can't imagine crafting something so visually stunning. However, I'm happy to sit back, view, and be in awe.

Career:

1x Win
2x NW-F
2x S-F
9x S-HM
11x HM
7x R

Posted : April 6, 2017 1:29 am
(@imagination-vortex)
Bronze Member

I agree with Dustin I would love for this forum to become more active on the Illustrators side!

As one of the rare members here who submits to the Illustrators I've always found it a challenge to find any advice, tips or experiences from fellow artists. I hope now that the sign up glitch on the forum has been fixed that new people will join since it has been pretty dead around here!

I got Semi Finalist in the Illustrators contest about a year and a half ago, but haven't entered much since (my last two entries were lost I think since I never heard back at all). I'm just curious if there are still rankings like the writers side (when I got the Semi Joni said the rankings for the Illustrators were something new they were starting). If so I'd love to learn more about the process and what key elements you look for when deciding what art makes it to the Finalist round.

Thanks and welcome aboard to the forum and as the new judge!

wotf009

~You Are Now Entering Stephanie's Vortex~
WOTF: 1x Silver, 4x HM, 13x R
IOTF: 1x Semi, 2x R, 4x Into the Vortex

Posted : April 6, 2017 7:27 am
(@lovendoz)

Would love to see many illustrators

Posted : May 8, 2017 10:46 pm
AeW
 AeW
(@aew)

I'd love to see this forum become more active... It's been a year since this post, though, and ... how do I help liven this place up?

Posted : April 20, 2018 7:21 am
(@lazarusblack)
Advanced Member
Topic starter

Hi, it's been awhile. Mostly because the illustrators have found the FB group more easily incorporated into their daily lives.

Also, I'm not sure if I ever got any notices that there were posts here to respond to - so please add more and I will watch for them (maybe fell into SPAM?).

Posted : May 1, 2019 10:58 am
Share: