Notifications
Clear all

NEW USERS! INTRODUCE YOURSELVES!

Page 122 / 122

Anna X
(@annax)

Hi. My real name is Xao ("chow"), but I go by Anna. I write under the pen name, Anna X.

I've been creating stories in my head for as long as I can remember. I honestly believe that good stories write themselves. You can always start writing a story, but the characters tell their own tales and if you're lucky enough, you get to merely be in the audience watching everything unfold. 

I remember finding out about WOTF some 20 years ago and wanting to enter. I never got to do that, but there's a time and place for everything. I just finished writing a short story I'm proud of and am looking forward to finally entering this quarter for the first time.

I write a lot of different genres. I like romance, fantasy, dark fantasy, science fiction, mysteries, thrillers, horror, paranormal, and supernatural. My big dream isn't to become famous or well known. My big dream is to share all the stories I know and love with the world. That's my ultimate goal.

I'm pretty excited to be here. Thank you for the opportunity to share my creativity with all of you.

~ I honestly believe that good stories write themselves. You can always start writing a story, but the characters tell their own tales and if you're lucky enough, you get to merely be in the audience watching everything unfold. ~ 8/1/2022
WotF - 2022, V39 Q4: submitted

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2022 1:21 pm
Wulf Moon, David Hankins, Wahlquistj and 3 people liked
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Gold Star Member

Welcome to the forum Xao. After waiting all this time to enter I hope your efforts are rewarding. Best of results for you. clapper  

Today's science fiction is tomorrow's reality-D.R.Sweeney
HM-V32/Q3
HM-V36/Q4
HM-V38/Q1
HM-V38/Q4

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2022 2:40 pm
Anna X and Wulf Moon liked
Cray Dimensional
(@craydimensional)
Silver Member

@annax Welcome Xao. 

Small steps add up to miles.
V38: R, R, HM, HM
V39: RWC, P, P
"Amore For Life" in After the Gold Rush Third Flatiron Anthologies

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2022 3:19 pm
ajschultz6
(@ajschultz6)
Advanced Member

@annax Welcome!

v37: Q3HM
v38: Q1R, Q2HM, Q3HM
v39: Q2P, Q3P, Q4 In Progress
I'm available for critique exchanges via PM.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2022 3:25 pm
Anna X
(@annax)

Thank you, everyone! I just submitted. Yay! 

~ I honestly believe that good stories write themselves. You can always start writing a story, but the characters tell their own tales and if you're lucky enough, you get to merely be in the audience watching everything unfold. ~ 8/1/2022

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2022 8:42 pm
Wahlquistj
(@wahlquistj)
Advanced Member

Welcome Anna X! 

V33- SF
V38- SHM, HM
V39- P,P

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2022 10:30 pm
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Member Moderator

@annax Welcome to the Forum!

It sounds like you have a diverse genre palette you paint from. That will serve you well. Don’t forget to take the WotF Online Workshop and learn from the best!

All the best to you and your writing!

Wulf Moon

Click here to JOIN THE WULF PACK!
"Super-Duper Moongirl and the Amazing Moon Dawdler" won Best SFF Story of 2019! Read it in WotF, Volume 35. Order HERE!
"Muzik Man" won Best SFF Story of 2020! Read it in Best of Deep Magic Anthology Two!
You know WotF Workshop's 24-hour story exercise? Want to see what I wrote? Just awarded Best All Other Short Stories of 2021! Read in THINGS WITH FEATHERS. Order HERE!
Enjoy my award-winning SUPER SECRETS of Writing articles! FREE to read in every issue of DreamForge Anvil! Don't miss Best Positive Future Story of 2021: "Shaken, Not Stirred." FREE! Click HERE!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2022 6:49 am
Anna X liked
Favour Chris
(@natasha123fav)

Hi, my name is Favour
Am new and am going for the Q4,but don't know how to register and submit for the competition can u help me out. Tks

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 5, 2022 2:43 am
Wulf Moon and Anna X liked
Jason Toth
(@jason)
Bronze Star Member Admin
Posted by: @natasha123fav

Hi, my name is Favour
Am new and am going for the Q4,but don't know how to register and submit for the competition can u help me out. Tks

Welcome Favour to the Writers of the Future Forum!

You will need to go to https://www.writersofthefuture.com/enter-writer-contest/ page on the site. This is also on the sidebar menu under "Enter Writer Contest"

Every quarter the link to the current submission portal is there. 

Once in the submission portal you will need to create an account and you can follow all of the steps to submit. Note that the submission portal is a separate account than this Forum and online Workshop.

Good luck!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 5, 2022 7:31 pm
Anna X
(@annax)

@natasha123fav Hi Favour!

Welcome!

I just joined a few days ago and everyone is very helpful and awesome.

Make sure you check out the other parts of the forum. There’s a critique part if you’d like some feedback on your writing. I’m going through the workshop part right now and there’s some amazing advice from famous authors and judges of the contest. Wulf Moon has an incredible secrets workshop where he gives a zillion amazing pointers on how to be a better writer. There’s some really cool stuff to help you out!

Let me know if I can help! Good luck with Q4 and keep submitting to all the quarters!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 5, 2022 7:44 pm
Wulf Moon liked
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Gold Star Member

Welcome to the forum Favour. AnnaX's advice is spot on. Cruise the threads and post along with the rest of us.

Today's science fiction is tomorrow's reality-D.R.Sweeney
HM-V32/Q3
HM-V36/Q4
HM-V38/Q1
HM-V38/Q4

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 6, 2022 9:47 am
Page 122 / 122
Share: