Notifications
Clear all

NEW USERS! INTRODUCE YOURSELVES!

Page 113 / 113

Mike Jack Stoumbos
(@mikejackstoumbos)

Welcome @storm, and congratulations on the volume 36 win!

Really appreciate the offer and the pay-it-forward attitude 👍 

(I attempted to post a reply earlier, and it looks like it didn't go through--sorry if this is a duplicate)

v37q3 - SF
v37q4 - HM
v38q1 - #1
Space opera novel The Signal out of Space launches 12/10/21
https://www.mikejackstoumbos.com/
https://twitter.com/MJStoumbos
The Book Break
Chris Kennedy Publishing
~may your travels be memorable and your adventures unbelievable~

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 16, 2021 1:37 pm
Mike Jack Stoumbos
(@mikejackstoumbos)

salute @wulfmoon, @disgruntledpeony, @aliciacay

Thank you for all the work you do to support and build the community. clapper  

v37q3 - SF
v37q4 - HM
v38q1 - #1
Space opera novel The Signal out of Space launches 12/10/21
https://www.mikejackstoumbos.com/
https://twitter.com/MJStoumbos
The Book Break
Chris Kennedy Publishing
~may your travels be memorable and your adventures unbelievable~

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 16, 2021 2:02 pm
Wulf Moon, David Hankins, AliciaCay and 3 people liked
AliciaCay
(@aliciacay)
Bronze Star Member
Posted by: @mikejackstoumbos

Thank you, Mike! That's so nice of you. 

And also: Hi!! Congrats on your recent win (everyone, he won First place in Q1 of Vol 38, so we will be seeing him on stage in a few short months—yay!), and is already taking the writing world by storm 😉 (huge congrats on your other successes as well, sir).

WELCOME!   salute  

~A.

V32: HM (Q4)
V33: HM, HM, SHM, HM
V34: R, R, HM, HM
V35: HM, HM, R, HM
V36: R, R, SHM, R
V37: SHM, FINALIST, HM, SHM
V38: SF, X, tbd, tbd
https://aliciacay.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 16, 2021 8:49 pm
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Gold Member

Welcome to the forum (@mikejackstoumbos).

Congratulations on writing a winning story. I look forward to reading it.

Today's science fiction is tomorrow's reality-D.R.Sweeney
HM-V32/Q3
HM-V36/Q4
HM-V38/Q1

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 17, 2021 5:36 am
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Member Moderator
Posted by: @mikejackstoumbos

Thank you. You are most welcome here, Mike. Congratulations again on your win, and I look forward to singing with you at a karaoke bar one day! See you in Hollywood next spring!

Welcome to the Forum!

Wulf Moon

Forum moderator

Click here to JOIN THE WULF PACK!
"Muzik Man" wins Best SFF Story of 2020! Read it in Best of Deep Magic Anthology Two! Includes stories by Super Secrets' alumni KD Julicher and Brittany Rainsdon!
You know WotF Workshop's 24-hour story exercise? Want to see what I wrote? Just released in THINGS WITH FEATHERS: Stories of Hope. Order HERE!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 17, 2021 7:41 am
MountainSpud
(@jeschleicher)
Bronze Member

@mikejackstoumbos Congrats on your win, Mike! & thanks for joining the forum! That's paying it forward! My aim is to follow in your wake. As @wulfmoon says, "Belief determines reality." We appreciate you joining the convo and all that'll you offer. I'm excited to read your story! 

R X 3
HM X 4
SHM X 1

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 17, 2021 9:49 pm
Wulf Moon liked
Ahly Schiller
(@ahly)

Hello To everyone... 

My name is Ahly.

Please enjoy your day. waveshello  

AMP

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 24, 2021 8:57 am
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Gold Member

Welcome to the forum Ahly. Dig in to the offerings until you are completely sated.

Today's science fiction is tomorrow's reality-D.R.Sweeney
HM-V32/Q3
HM-V36/Q4
HM-V38/Q1

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 25, 2021 11:14 am
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)
Posted by: @ahly

Hello To everyone... 

My name is Ahly.

Welcome, Ahly!

We’re glad you found us. Winners happen here!

Don’t miss taking the WotF Online Workshop, which will give you the knowledge and principles to help you shoot ahead!

Welcome aboard!

Wulf Moon

Forum Moderator

"Muzik Man" wins Best SFF Story of 2020! Read it in Best of Deep Magic Anthology Two! Includes stories by Super Secrets' alumni KD Julicher and Brittany Rainsdon!
You know WotF Workshop's 24-hour story exercise? Want to see what I wrote? Just released in THINGS WITH FEATHERS: Stories of Hope. Order HERE!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 25, 2021 11:35 am
Disgruntled Peony
(@disgruntledpeony)
Gold Star Member
Posted by: @ahly

Hello To everyone... 

My name is Ahly.

Hi, Ahly! grinning Welcome to the forum.

If you are in difficulties with a book, try the element of surprise: attack it at an hour when it isn't expecting it. ~ H.G. Wells
If a person offend you, and you are in doubt as to whether it was intentional or not, do not resort to extreme measures; simply watch your chance and hit him with a brick. ~ Mark Twain
R, SF, SHM, SHM, SHM, F, R, HM, SHM, R, HM, R, F, SHM, SHM, SHM, SF, SHM, 1st Place (Q2 V38)
Ticknor Tales
Twitter
4th and Starlight Kickstarter -- active through December 10th! (55% funded last I checked.)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 25, 2021 12:03 pm
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)

Okay, new users. I know you’re in here. Come out, come out, wherever you are. Inquiring minds want to know who you are! 😊

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 10:22 am
xgoldsera
(@xgoldsera)

Hey, y'all! I'm Brandi from Fort Worth, TX. I've been writing since I could hold a pencil, but only recently sought to sell anything—which I've yet to be successful in doing yet. I've been lurking around the website for over a year and wanted to finally submit something soon.

I have a lot of insecurities surrounding my writing and a part of me feels like I'm at the precipice of a mountain I'm just about to make it over (the "mountain of my own making"...). I'm just not quite there yet. I hope to get there soon, and get to the point where my writing career will take off! I have so many ideas floating around my head that I'd love to share if I could get over myself. 😝 

In my non-writing life, I'm an attorney for the feds and a US Army vet. I spend most of my non-writing time fostering rescue dogs, gardening, and doing hot yoga to calm my overactive brain. Looking forward to making connections!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 6:27 pm
Wulf Moon liked
Wren
 Wren
(@wren)

Hi, I'm Wren Smile

I've been writing fantasy for most of my life and I'm ~30% through drafting a fantasy novel right now. I haven't entered in many contests before, but I'm planning on regularly submitting to WotF. I'm looking forward to getting to know the community Smile

"Loyal as a badger, Ma’am, and valiant as—as a mouse."

HM: 1

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 7:52 pm
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)

@xgoldsera 

Welcome to the Forum, Brandi!

Feeling insecure in the early stages is common, mostly because we have little validation yet to prove we can write. As we practice, our confidence grows stronger, until we get up our courage and send our stories out to markets to see if they will get published. Alas, our work is normally still rough around the edges, and the rejections can hit hard. That’s what’s nice about the Contest—it gives you certificates to let you know you’re not so far from your goal as you might think. There’s also the free WotF Online Workshop, conducted by three famous judges of this Contest, some of the best writers in the field! Don’t miss taking that—it will really help.

Enter every quarter, and if you do so with fresh stories, you’ll soon have a stable of ponies to send to market!

Thanks for letting us know you’re here. Welcome aboard! 

Wulf Moon

Forum Moderator 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 30, 2021 8:03 pm
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)

@wren 

Welcome to the Forum, Wren!

You’ll find lots of fantasy lovers here! You’re one of our kind! 😁

Great goal to enter every quarter. As Picard said, “Make it so.” 

Don’t miss the training by the best in the WotF Online Workshop. It can help you craft a winning story. And do share in the quarter topic you’re entering—you’ll find the most support there. There’s also a critique folder to get eyes on your work. 

Thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to the Forum!

Wulf Moon

Forum Moderator

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 30, 2021 8:09 pm
Wren liked
Wren
 Wren
(@wren)

@wulfmoon Thank you for the welcome & the advice Smile

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 30, 2021 8:13 pm
Disgruntled Peony
(@disgruntledpeony)
Gold Star Member

Welcome, Brandi and Wren! grinning  

tumblr lxr1jzgeRy1rn95k2o1 500

If you are in difficulties with a book, try the element of surprise: attack it at an hour when it isn't expecting it. ~ H.G. Wells
If a person offend you, and you are in doubt as to whether it was intentional or not, do not resort to extreme measures; simply watch your chance and hit him with a brick. ~ Mark Twain
R, SF, SHM, SHM, SHM, F, R, HM, SHM, R, HM, R, F, SHM, SHM, SHM, SF, SHM, 1st Place (Q2 V38)
Ticknor Tales
Twitter
4th and Starlight Kickstarter -- active through December 10th! (55% funded last I checked.)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 30, 2021 9:37 pm
Wren, RETreasure, Wulf Moon and 1 people liked
AliciaCay
(@aliciacay)
Bronze Star Member

Welcome @ahly, @xgoldsera, and @wren !! clapper  

~A. ♥

V32: HM (Q4)
V33: HM, HM, SHM, HM
V34: R, R, HM, HM
V35: HM, HM, R, HM
V36: R, R, SHM, R
V37: SHM, FINALIST, HM, SHM
V38: SF, X, tbd, tbd
https://aliciacay.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 30, 2021 9:41 pm
Wren and Wulf Moon liked
David Hankins
(@lost_bard)
Bronze Star Member
Posted by: @xgoldsera

Hey, y'all! I'm Brandi from Fort Worth, TX. I've been writing since I could hold a pencil, but only recently sought to sell anything—which I've yet to be successful in doing yet. I've been lurking around the website for over a year and wanted to finally submit something soon.

I have a lot of insecurities surrounding my writing and a part of me feels like I'm at the precipice of a mountain I'm just about to make it over (the "mountain of my own making"...). I'm just not quite there yet. I hope to get there soon, and get to the point where my writing career will take off! I have so many ideas floating around my head that I'd love to share if I could get over myself. 😝 

In my non-writing life, I'm an attorney for the feds and a US Army vet. I spend most of my non-writing time fostering rescue dogs, gardening, and doing hot yoga to calm my overactive brain. Looking forward to making connections!

Yay, another vet! Welcome to the forum, Brandi, we're glad to have you here. In addition to the Writers of the Future workshop, make sure you check out Wulf Moon's Super Secrets thread. So much great content there that will improve your writing and help keep you motivated to submit, write, and keep submitting.

https://www.writersofthefuture.com/forum/the-contest-quarterly-topics-and-other-items/wulf-moons-super-secrets-workshop-challenge/

V38 Q2: HM
V38 Q3: HM
V38 Q4: Submitted
V39 Q1: WIP

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2021 8:17 am
Wulf Moon liked
David Hankins
(@lost_bard)
Bronze Star Member
Posted by: @wren

Hi, I'm Wren Smile

I've been writing fantasy for most of my life and I'm ~30% through drafting a fantasy novel right now. I haven't entered in many contests before, but I'm planning on regularly submitting to WotF. I'm looking forward to getting to know the community Smile

This is a great contest to enter, and a great place to learn and grow. Also make sure you check out Wulf Moon's Super Secrets thread. Start applying his secrets and your writing will improve by leaps and bounds.

Glad to have you here!

https://www.writersofthefuture.com/forum/the-contest-quarterly-topics-and-other-items/wulf-moons-super-secrets-workshop-challenge/

V38 Q2: HM
V38 Q3: HM
V38 Q4: Submitted
V39 Q1: WIP

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2021 8:20 am
Wren and Wulf Moon liked
xgoldsera
(@xgoldsera)

@lost_bard it makes me SO happy to see other vets in the grind. A lot of us have a lot to offer. And yes! I have stalked Wulf's content quite a bit. Still more to sift through, of course. I need to work on actually executing the information and advice I've gathered, that's the most challenging part. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2021 12:04 pm
xgoldsera
(@xgoldsera)

@wulfmoon Thank you for the welcome! I'm happy to be here and am working on my next best thing! Thanks for all you do around here. I can see how much time and effort has gone into this. Thank you for all of it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2021 12:11 pm
Wulf Moon liked
Wren
 Wren
(@wren)

Thank you @disgruntledpeony, @aliciacay, and @lost_bard!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2021 6:07 pm
Page 113 / 113
Share: