Notifications
Clear all

NEW USERS! INTRODUCE YOURSELVES!

Page 110 / 112

storysinger
(@storysinger)
Gold Member

Welcome to the forum Shriya. The day will come when you read results that make you sing and dance on happy feet. dancingbanana  

Watching the Writers of the Future galas is like watching a movie of successful people. shades  

Best of luck to you with your writing. typing  

Today's science fiction is tomorrow's reality-D.R.Sweeney
HM-V32/Q3
HM-V36/Q4
HM-V38/Q1

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 8, 2021 10:22 am
MountainSpud
(@jeschleicher)
Bronze Member

@surhut_the_samwise 

Welcome, Shriya! Happy you are here! 

R X 3
HM X 3
SHM X 1

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2021 4:40 pm
Wulf Moon liked
Alexandra Miracle
(@alexandramiracle)

Good day.

My name is Alexandra Miracle. I write and draw. My main career direction is Design and teaching, but I love to read and write) I want to achieve the opportunity to be screened. I have started with the stories. I'm inspired by fairytales. But also I like to research. One of my favorite academic writers is Prof. Steven Connor. Is it correct to write here any names? 

It's an honor to be here. 

My pleasure for the opportunity to be (the) writer of the Future. 

Respect and Honor,
Alexandra Miracle

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2021 3:21 pm
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)
Platinum Plus Member Moderator

@alexandramiracle 

Welcome, Alexandra!

We're happy you found us! And I see you're a talented graphic designer. Creativity is a good thing, in all forms and mediums. Of course, we're here to make friends and to create good stories, hopefully so good they'll win this contest and put a spotlight on our creations. Many are here to help. Do look around, don't be afraid to ask questions in the folders, and enjoy our writing family! 

Be sure to take the Writers of the Future Online Workshop. It's designed to help you learn what a good story is all about!

Welcome aboard!

Wulf Moon
Forum Moderator

Click here to JOIN THE WULF PACK!
"Muzik Man" wins Best SFF Story of 2020! Read it in Best of Deep Magic Anthology Two! Includes stories by Super Secrets' alumni KD Julicher and Brittany Rainsdon!
You know WotF Workshop's 24-hour story exercise? Want to see what I wrote? It's about to be released in the pro-pay anthology THINGS WITH FEATHERS. Order HERE!
I've been invited back to Fyrecon Online to teach my Zoom master workshops Nov. 18th—21st. Four to chose from! Which one will help you level up? Explore HERE ... but you better hurry. They always sell out and are already half full!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2021 4:59 pm
Alexandra Miracle
(@alexandramiracle)

@wulfmoon My pleasure for your welcome. I have to learn about our members, in this way, our communication will be more oriented on the right topic. I'm very happy to be with the writers of the Future  hearts

Respect and Honor,
Alexandra Miracle

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2021 12:25 am
Wulf Moon liked
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Gold Member

Welcome to the forum Alexandra. Do your best and you shall reap awesome rewards, especially when you win.

HM-V32/Q3
HM-V36/Q4
HM-V38/Q1

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2021 6:26 am
Wulf Moon liked
Bobbie Bailey
(@stormyskye)

Hello 🙂 

I'm a newbie here. Just entered my first WOTF contest and looking forward to getting to know you all.

I'm a single Mom of four now adult children with a part time job and just looking to getting to know some new people and enhance my writing skills along the way.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2021 8:50 pm
MountainSpud, AliciaCay, storysinger and 2 people liked
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)
Posted by: @stormyskye

Hello Smile

I'm a newbie here. Just entered my first WOTF contest and looking forward to getting to know you all.

I'm a single Mom of four now adult children with a part time job and just looking to getting to know some new people and enhance my writing skills along the way.

Welcome, Bobbie!

Congratulations on your first entry! We all began just like you! It really helps to have the support of other writers. May you make new friends and learn from the many posts about writing and the contest. 

Don't miss taking the WotF Online Workshop. The same judges that teach the week-long workshop in Hollywood for winners teach it! May it help you craft your winner!

Welcome aboard!

Wulf Moon
Forum Moderator

"Muzik Man" wins Best SFF Story of 2020! Read it in Best of Deep Magic Anthology Two! Includes stories by Super Secrets' alumni KD Julicher and Brittany Rainsdon!
You know WotF Workshop's 24-hour story exercise? Want to see what I wrote? It's about to be released in the pro-pay anthology THINGS WITH FEATHERS. Order HERE!
I've been invited back to Fyrecon Online to teach my Zoom master workshops Nov. 18th—21st. Four to chose from! Which one will help you level up? Explore HERE ... but you better hurry. They always sell out and are already half full!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2021 6:12 pm
MountainSpud
(@jeschleicher)
Bronze Member

@stormyskye Congrats on the first submission & best of luck! Some writers have struck gold on their first submission to the contest. Regardless of the result, I can attest to the forum as a fantastic place to be inspired, to find community, and to learn a great deal. Welcome! As Wulf mentioned, the workshop is a tremendous resource, so is Wulf's thread titled Super Secrets. 

R X 3
HM X 3
SHM X 1

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 19, 2021 6:37 am
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Gold Member

Welcome Bobbie Bailey. Best of luck with your submission.

HM-V32/Q3
HM-V36/Q4
HM-V38/Q1

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2021 1:15 pm
FolkLoremIpsum
(@folkloremipsum)

Hello all!

I am a stay-at-home mom with a fair few trunked NaNoWriMo novels. My husband is Donovan Cedars here, and he's been encouraging me to enter Writers of the Future for several quarters. Last quarter I actually did! Our kids are small, but writing again is making me feel more like myself after years of the incessant drone of Cocomelon. The littles are starting to learn that Mommy at her laptop is actually busy, and not 100% at their disposal for snacks and Octonaut playtime. So very grateful to reclaim this part of myself it was a mistake to leave by the wayside. Glad to be here!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 25, 2021 9:51 am
AliciaCay, DoctorJest, MountainSpud and 3 people liked
David Hankins
(@lost_bard)
Bronze Star Member
Posted by: @folkloremipsum

Hello all!

I am a stay-at-home mom with a fair few trunked NaNoWriMo novels. My husband is Donovan Cedars here, and he's been encouraging me to enter Writers of the Future for several quarters. Last quarter I actually did! Our kids are small, but writing again is making me feel more like myself after years of the incessant drone of Cocomelon. The littles are starting to learn that Mommy at her laptop is actually busy, and not 100% at their disposal for snacks and Octonaut playtime. So very grateful to reclaim this part of myself it was a mistake to leave by the wayside. Glad to be here!

Welcome Folkloremipsum!

Congratulations on submitting last quarter! This is a great place to delve into your writing side. Dig through the forum and you’ll find some great hints and tips. I highly recommend reading through Wulf Moon’s Super Secrets thread. Some amazing advice in there.  

Glad you’re here! 

V38 Q2: HM
V38 Q3: Submitted
V38 Q4: Submitted

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 25, 2021 6:53 pm
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Gold Member

Welcome to the forum (@folkloremipsum). Hope your sub gets noticed. sunny  

HM-V32/Q3
HM-V36/Q4
HM-V38/Q1

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 26, 2021 6:04 am
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)

@folkloremipsum 

Welcome to the forum!

We’re happy you not only found us, you found your way back to writing again! Well done! Writing finds a way!

Don’t miss the Writers of the Future Online Workshop. It can help you create a fresh story!

Welcome aboard!

Wulf Moon

Forum Moderator 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 26, 2021 3:56 pm
MountainSpud
(@jeschleicher)
Bronze Member

@folkloremipsum Creature Report! Creature Report! Sorry, I gotta little dude, who's also an Octonauts fan, and that little ditty is an ear worm that squirms and nestles and nests for a lifetime.

Welcome! We're glad you are here and glad you're creating! 

R X 3
HM X 3
SHM X 1

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 27, 2021 7:54 pm
Scott_M_Sands
(@scott_m_sands)
Bronze Star Member

@folkloremipsum 

@Bobbie Bailey

Welcome! Glad you found the forum. There are very encouraging people here. (Almost as fulfilling as Octonaut playtime!) I have kids, too.  Smile Great work on you both submitting your first story to WotF!! It all starts here! Very exciting for you and wishing you the best of luck with your entries and continued writing growth.

Scott

"Many people will tell you that you can't write. Let no one say that you don't." -Ken Rand
V36-37: R x6
V38: R, HM, P

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 2, 2021 8:08 pm
Wulf Moon liked
ginutg
(@ginutg)

Hi all

My name is Ginu. I had submitted an entry in Quarter running from April to June 2021. I was planning to submit another in the quarter that ended three days ago but I got swamped. I live in Toronto and have found the forum quite interesting. I would love critiques and hope I could provide help where possible.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 2, 2021 8:58 pm
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)

@ginutg 

Welcome to the forum, Ginu! 

Well, you’ve broken the ice so you’re all ready for your next. I encourage you to take the WotF Online Writing Course, it will help you create a fresh story to submit!

Enjoy the many topics. There’s a folder to critique swap that can really help.

Welcome aboard!

Wulf Moon

Forum Moderator

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 2, 2021 10:18 pm
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Gold Member

Welcome Ginu. You missed last quarter, but there's plenty of time for the next. typing  

HM-V32/Q3
HM-V36/Q4
HM-V38/Q1

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 3, 2021 4:25 am
Wulf Moon liked
Meriam Benhamza
(@merb)

Hello everyone, a non-native speaker here! My name is Meriam, I live in Morocco, and last quarter I finally mustered up the courage to submit an entry. I just began exploring the forum and I am highy impressed by the quality of the ressources here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 3, 2021 8:09 am
ginutg
(@ginutg)

@wulfmoon 

Thank you for the welcome and the recommendation. I did take the WotF Online Writing Course in April 2021 and submitted my WOTF entry in May. I didn't find the critique folder so that intel is awesome. Thank you again. salute  

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 3, 2021 8:38 am
Wulf Moon liked
ginutg
(@ginutg)

@storysinger 

"You missed last quarter, but there's plenty of time for the next.", I hope I am not allowed to compete again if you know what I mean 😉

Yes, in all likelihood, I will be competing again but I need to overcome the colossal laziness and mental fuzziness that seem to be my constant companions. hmmmm  

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 3, 2021 8:41 am
AliciaCay liked
gayatric
(@gayatric)

Hello Everyone 

My name is Gayatri I am from India. I have been writing since i was in 11th standard when my favorite tv show screwed up the stories and i had to make up my own.

I have submitted my scifi fantasy short story for the first time in September. Inspired by my friend and critique group member Brittany perry rainsdon

Thanks and excited to be here !!

Gayatri

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by gayatric
ReplyQuote
Posted : October 3, 2021 12:17 pm
AliciaCay liked
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)
Posted by: @merb

Hello everyone, a non-native speaker here! My name is Meriam, I live in Morocco, and last quarter I finally mustered up the courage to submit an entry. I just began exploring the forum and I am highy impressed by the quality of the ressources here.

Welcome, Meriam!

We’re happy you’re here, and we welcome the cultural diversity. I congratulate you on submitting a story already, well done! Don’t miss the WotF Online Writing Course, it’s sure to help.

Welcome aboard!

Wulf Moon

Forum Moderator

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 3, 2021 8:09 pm
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)
Posted by: @gayatric

Hello Everyone 

My name is Gayatri I am from India. I have been writing since i was in 11th standard when my favorite tv show screwed up the stories and i had to make up my own.

I have submitted my scifi fantasy short story for the first time in September. Inspired by my friend and critique group member Brittany perry rainsdon

Thanks and excited to be here !!

Gayatri

Welcome, Gayatri!

A friend of Brittany? You have a good ally there! Also glad to hear you’ve entered the contest. Don’t miss the WotF Online Writing Course, do share in the chats in the various folders, especially the quarterly topics you submit to. 

Welcome aboard!

Wulf Moon 

Forum Moderator

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 3, 2021 8:16 pm
storysinger
(@storysinger)
Gold Member

waveshello Welcome @gayatric, and @merb.

May you both enjoy the benefits offered on the forum.

Roam to your heart's content, while learning the many ways of improving your craft.

HM-V32/Q3
HM-V36/Q4
HM-V38/Q1

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 4, 2021 7:54 am
Liz Busby
(@lizbusby)

Hello, all! I'm new to the forum and semi-new to fiction writing. I studied creative non-fiction (aka personal essay, or memoir) in college, but my first love has always been SFF. You may recognize my name from episode 93 of the WotF podcast, which I got on totally randomly when John found my Goodreads review of WotF Volume 36. 😀 So I've been a fan of the contest for a while, but now I think I'm ready to buckle down and start entering.

Outside of writing, I'm a stay-at-home mom of four kids, the youngest of which just started kindergarten, so arguably I should have more time to write now, right? I love knitting, doing yoga, long-distance running, and video games. I live in Utah, but just moved from the Seattle area where we lived for 12 years.

Looking for others who want to exchange stories and accountability on a regular basis, with the goal of entering every quarter.

book reviews and writerly thoughts on my blog: www.lizbusby.com
featured on episode 93 of the WotF podcast

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 5, 2021 12:39 pm
TGio
 TGio
(@tiinag)

Hello

I've been lurking here for a few days, trying to decide if I should post anything. I found that these forums are filled with information and support, so here's me saying hi!, so that I don't feel creepy, like I'm reading other people's conversations with binoculars from the bushes behind a dumpster.

I submitted for the first time this Q3, and am looking to have another one for Q1

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 5, 2021 2:01 pm
David Hankins
(@lost_bard)
Bronze Star Member

@lizbusby

Welcome Liz! This is a great place to get into SFF writing with a group of really supportive writers. Look around, read through some threads, and you'll find loads of hints and tips to help you on your way. I highly recommend looking through Wulf Moon's Super Secrets thread.

Glad you're here!

V38 Q2: HM
V38 Q3: Submitted
V38 Q4: Submitted

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 5, 2021 2:57 pm
Wulf Moon
(@wulfmoon)
Posted by: @lizbusby

Hello, all! I'm new to the forum and semi-new to fiction writing. I studied creative non-fiction (aka personal essay, or memoir) in college, but my first love has always been SFF. You may recognize my name from episode 93 of the WotF podcast, which I got on totally randomly when John found my Goodreads review of WotF Volume 36. 😀 So I've been a fan of the contest for a while, but now I think I'm ready to buckle down and start entering.

Outside of writing, I'm a stay-at-home mom of four kids, the youngest of which just started kindergarten, so arguably I should have more time to write now, right? I love knitting, doing yoga, long-distance running, and video games. I live in Utah, but just moved from the Seattle area where we lived for 12 years.

Looking for others who want to exchange stories and accountability on a regular basis, with the goal of entering every quarter.

Welcome, Liz!

Yes, I do recognize your name! We're glad you found us, winners happen HERE! Entering every quarter is a great idea--you'll find many set goals revolving around such a challenge. There's great topics to read up on to help you advance your skills and knowledge of this contest. Don't miss the WotF Online Writing Course, that's also a great help. And there's a critique swap folder where you can find writers ready to swap stories. Do post in the quarter you plan to enter, as lots of support happens there.

Have fun and welcome aboard!

Wulf Moon
Forum Moderator

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 6, 2021 1:15 am
Liz Busby liked
Page 110 / 112
Share: