General Rules for the Forum
I have been asked to post some rules for this forum. The first thing I thought of are the rules everybody who registers agrees to which are these:
"You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit."
The above are standard rules for any forum but I'd like to add a couple of points here that come to mind to make your time at this forum as pleasant and productive as possible:
1. Respect the views and opinions of others. This doesn't mean you have to always agree with everybody. That would be impossible. But you can present your own views and ideas without putting down or making less of what others say or think. That includes refraining from making inflammatory remarks that insult others or are otherwise derogatory.
2. Try not to do things to others that you would not like them to do to you.
3. Try to treat others as you would want them to treat you.
Recent events have necessitated another rule to be added. This is 1 December 2008 and the rule is:
4. If you feel that you need to vent your anger and rage at somebody in the forum due to something they said or stated - DON'T DO IT. If what they stated is in violation of any of the previous rules and you thus feel they should be reprimanded and put in their place due to it, email the Administrator, that's me, at
If you don't follow these rules you are liable to have to bear the consequences. Those consequences are:
1. Each time you violate these rules a reminder of the rules will be posted in the thread with the respective posting quoted.
2. After 3 reminders of the rules to the same person, this person will get banned from the forum at the 4th instance of rule violation with no further warning.
This is being implemented to make this a friendly, constructive and productive environment for writers and illustrators to discuss their craft.